Company: WuXi AppTec
Posted on: June 10, 2021
WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical,
biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and
technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven
and customer-focused platform, WuXi AppTec Group provides a broad
and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide
customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time
and lower the
cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective
and efficient solutions.
At our Laboratory Testing Division, we provide a world class,
globally integrated testing solution for drug development and
medical device innovation. We enable scientists to transform ideas
into the best healthcare products, accelerate the race from bench
to bedside, and ultimately improve human life.
Our New Jersey site specializes in small molecule bioanalytical,
drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the
pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries. We are
seeking a Scientist II within our Large Molecule Group located in
Job Summary: With minimal supervision serve as study
director/principal investigator to perform MD, MV/MQ and Sample
analysis for Large Molecule (LM) Bioanalysis projects.
Troubleshoots Wet Lab and instrument LM Bioanalysis assays issues
and assist in training of LM analysts on wet lab and instrument LM
systems. Can communicate; write responses to QC/QA findings.
Communicate with Clients on specific projects that they are
responsible. Accountable for accurate data submission and on time
delivery of assigned projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and carries out experiments and associated research
assignments. Able to set up the study using the proper
technique/software and to carry the experimental phase of PK,
biomarker, ADA and NAb bioanalysis to completion. Assumes
responsibility for technical accuracy of work, troubleshooting, and
problem solving. Efficient time management to complete the assigned
- Performs bioanalytical and biological assays accurately,
precisely and efficiently, including but not limited to using
following platforms, ELISA/MSD, PCR, Flow Cytometry/FACS, automated
liquid handling system in 96- and 384- format, western blotting,
cell culture and cell based assay, and software such as Watson
LIMS, SoftMax Pro, Work Bench Discovery, etc.
- Designs and modifies protocols for laboratory equipment's as
well as calibrates, and maintains these equipment's. Operates
and/or oversees the operation of equipment to acquire experimental
data. Laboratory maintenance. Working with validation specialists
for instrument validations. Writes new SOPs and modifies existing
- Prepare data summary tables for report. Compiles, calculates,
plots, and analyzes, and with experience, interprets data; records
and maintains data in accordance with accepted standards and
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA,
FDA, or other regulation pertaining to the study. Complies with all
safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe
workplace without supervision. Assume the responsibility of the GLP
compliance in a designated laboratory (as primary or back up).
Maintain the records and helping in ordering specific supplies for
the entire Biological Division.
- Promotes implementation and compliance with WuXi AppTec safety
policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe
work environment and minimize or eliminate injury. Identifies
safety hazards and initiates corrective action. Assists in the
safety training for subordinates and/or less experienced
- Assists in training Associate Scientist, Assistant Scientist,
and Laboratory Assistant. Assume the duty of a trainer to new hires
and less experienced co-workers.
- May serve as a lead for a study or project. May serve as
- Other duties as assigned such as preparing the final study
files for archiving and scanning notebooks, raw data and report QC,
and the reconciliation of study samples.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in chemistry, biology, or a related
- 4-6 years of large molecule bioanalytical experience such as
PK, biomarker, ADA and NAb with advanced responsibilities in
research and development, or equivalent
- Any similar combination of education and work equivalent
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
within biological or chemical R&D laboratory setting
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System
- Knowledge and hands on experience of Data Acquisitions and
Operating Software such as SpectraMax Pro, MSD Discovery Workbench
software, GeneSnap, Gene Tools, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with and adherence to regulatory guidelines
consistent with company requirements.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to
Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
- Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise
- Ability to stand /Sit for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often /
- Clarity of Vision
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Inside conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are
the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any
other job-related duties as requested by Management.
Keywords: WuXi AppTec, Trenton , Scientist II, Other , Plainsboro, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!