Company: Capital Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Position #: 11911
- The Simulation Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day
operation of the Capital Health Simulation Medicine Programs.
- Oversees the preparation, maintenance, inventory and operation
of all simulation equipment/supplies and collaborates with faculty
to design, plan, implement and schedule simulation activities.
- Ensures adherence to program policies, course objectives,
program outcomes and current simulation best practice and safety
- Coordinates and supervises the general operation of the
simulation laboratory to provide a wide variety of patient
- Acts as the primary contact for scheduling all departments and
external clients utilizing the simulation center.
- Oversees the regular maintenance and repair all simulation
equipment, including, simulators, computers, monitors and a variety
of clinical medical equipment.
- Provides technical support for task trainers and multimedia
peripherals including beds, examination tables, headwalls, patient
monitors, and other health care equipment.
- Oversees the set up and take down of simulation laboratory
equipment, allowing for rapid turnover of simulation lab set up as
- Monitors and prepares laboratory budget.
- Incorporates best practice and evidenced-based research in
program development with a focus on standardization and
efficiencies across the healthcare continuum.
- Participates in faculty and department meetings to assist with
development and implementation of simulation experiences.
- Communicates effectively all simulation laboratory educators,
administrative staff, and technical support staff.
- Creates a positive work environment demonstrating leadership
and supervision for simulation center staff.
- Completes staff reviews and evaluations.
- Coordinates training for all users of the simulation laboratory
- Schedules simulation laboratory staff to support learning
- Coordinates the collection of data for ongoing research or
- Ensures compliance with hospital, departmental, and lab
policies, procedures, and safety precautions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare related field. Master's
- Minimum two years of experience in healthcare simulation as an
educator or simulation technician.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills.
- Previous experience in managing networks.
- Knowledge of interfacing with cloud servers.
- Ability to run audio/visual equipment as required.
- Class B CDL permit required within 45 days of hire. Class B CDL
License required within six months of hire. Certified Healthcare
Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) required. Must obtain
CHSOS within two years of hire date if not certified at hire.
- Frequent physical demands include: Standing , Walking , Carry
objects , Push/Pull , Reaching forward , Wrist position deviation ,
Pinching/fine motor activities
- Occasional physical demands include: Climbing (e.g., stairs or
ladders) , Twisting , Bending , Reaching overhead ,
Squat/kneel/crawl , Taste or Smell
- Continuous physical demands include: Sitting , Keyboard
use/repetitive motion , Talk or Hear
- Lifting Floor to Waist 75 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 50
Keywords: Capital Health, Trenton , Simulation Coordinator, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!