ShopRite - CGO Coordinator
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
Title: Department Manager Job Code: 2530
Job: CGO Coordinator Non-Exempt
Supervised by: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities
of the CGO Department and its Associates to achieve the
Department's goals (i.e. sales, profit, Customer Experience, and
Associate Engagement) in accordance with our Purpose and Service
Priorities under the direction of the General Store Manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead
racking and storage areas.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
- Ability to engage and lead Associates to achieve department
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above
and to perform these functions in accordance with all ShopRite
Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
Efficiency). These essential functions include, but are not limited
to, the following:
Safety (Food Safety & Compliance)
- Perform all duties in accordance with all Company policies and
programs, and all Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations,
including all environmental, health, safety and security policies,
programs, laws and regulations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM
program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the
safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment in
accordance with Department QA standards.
- Clearly communicate and consistently enforce department and
Company safety policies and procedures.
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment and
utilize Personal Protective Equipment.
- Supervise the proper use of all equipment by Associates,
including Personal Protective Equipment.
- Understand and adhere to all procedures in emergency
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately
advise Store Management of any maintenance or equipment
- Ensure that Associates operating power equipment (balers,
hi-lo's, power jacks, slicing machines, etc.) are 18 years of age
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Set up and maintain a proper cleaning maintenance schedule of
Friendliness (Customer Experience & Associate Engagement)
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Promote the sale of any current charitable promotions to
Customers (i.e. Partners in Caring, Check Out Hunger).
- Assist with the onboarding of new department Associates,
including interviewing, selection and training, in accordance with
Company policies and procedures and all Local, State, and Federal
labor laws and regulations.
- Provide continual training, developmental action planning, and
meaningful feedback on job performance to Associates.
- Provide opportunities for Associates to cross-train in other
- Work cooperatively and maintain an open line of communication
with applicable departments in the store including Store Management
team, Department Managers, and Night Crew.
- Lead Associates to work cooperatively while encouraging
enthusiasm, loyalty, and creativity.
- Encourage and recognize Associates to provide a positive
Presentation (Personal & Department Conditions)
- Portray a professional appearance and be a positive role model
for all Associates in the department in accordance with the Company
Dress Code Policy.
- Ensure Unit Price Labels (tags) for all items are maintained
and are current
- Monitor CGO storage area for cleanliness, neatness, and
preparation for next shift.
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure all
merchandise is fully stocked and rotated in display cases, shelves
and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure all product
is blocked and faced in accordance with Company policy or as
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure that featured
sale merchandise is signed in accordance with Company and
Efficiency (Department Operations & Regulatory Compliance)
- Understand and utilize all required applications and current
technology as relates to CGO Operations.
- Understand and stay up to date with new and current
- Ensure all reports and records are accurate, complete and
retained in accordance with Company policy.
- Complete and make appropriate decisions based on all applicable
reports to ensure optimum profitability (i.e. overnight order
lists, load in-aisle audits for the day, commodity pack out
reports, negative inventory reports).
- In collaboration with Store Management Team, ensure proper
scheduling to meet projected sales and Customer Experience
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to CGO Operations under the direction of the Store Management
- Clearly communicate and consistently enforce department and
Company policies and procedures.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance and work overtime as
- Ensure the quality of all product and secure properly in
appropriate storage areas.
- Ensure the accuracy of item pricing, item locator and shelf
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure returns,
refunds, reclamation, in-store pricing, in-store transfers, and
return-to-stock procedures are followed in accordance with Company
- Understand and adhere to Local, State and Federal regulations
as relates to CGO Operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all Local, State, and
Federal Department of Labor Minor Regulations for any Associates
under 18 years of age.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Trenton , ShopRite - CGO Coordinator, Other , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!