Senior Product Support - Tech Advisor
Company: IQVIA Holdings Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA is The Human Data Science
Company, focused on using data and science to help healthcare
clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through
the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range
of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information,
technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare
Our innovative software team is working on developing content
management solutions is expanding its SaaS Operations team and
currently looking for seasoned and entry level professionals to
assist with our future.
As a Senior Product Support Tech Advisor you would participate
in architecture design, software deployment, developer support, and
system configuration, all while ensuring our clients' data stays
safe, secure and highly available.
- Under limited guidance, manages and coordinates the
qualification and deployment of systems.
- Collaborates with business leaders, end users, other IT
departments, and software vendors to develop and provide
appropriate support strategies for regional and global business
- Provides technical support, consulting, and system-related
cost/benefit analysis to project teams, customers, business
leaders, and bid defense teams. Collaborates with various groups to
assist in the production of the system architecture and data
- Assists in the vendor and product selection process and
identifies new technologies and assists in the determination of
support requirements. Also provides level 3 support services for
regional and global business applications. Serves in a lead
capacity for Product Support Specialists.
- Improve and document the technical processes around application
support (using Confluence)
- Collaborate with Account Managers on change requests, managing
issues, establishing priorities, capacity planning and
troubleshooting and representing the interests of supported
- Produce and assist training and communication programs.
- Handle late night and weekend emergency support on a rotational
- Interact with software vendors, Infrastructure services, and/or
Applications Development to restore service and/or correct core
- Communicate IT issues to business units at various levels of
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of internal, external
and off-the-shelf business applications with all IT and business
- Coordinate validation activities related to the deployment of
- Manage and support vendor contracts to established service
- Work closely with customers to identify business requirements
and opportunities in relation to IT systems and services.
- Identify and assess technologies, skills, and resources
- Maintain knowledge of the IT industry, analyze the abilities of
tools and technologies and compare with the needs of the business,
recommend potential solutions to managers within the business.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted
as nonessential (N).
- Work in Shift to provide support during US and Europe
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to work on their
- Supporting multiple applications and ability to troubleshoot
- Relational database experience.
- System deployment/implementation expertise.
- Possesses exemplary written and verbal skills and good
leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience using technologies such as: Puppet, Hiera, Foreman,
Ruby, Apache Solr, Tomcat, CentOS, Packer, Vagrant, Splunk,
- Experience in a highly available cloud environment
- Working knowledge of Linux operations (CentOS, RHEL, Oracle
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
- Working knowledge of automation and management software like
Puppet and Packer
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware,
Amazon EC2 and VirtualBox
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- 5-7 years business experience; or equivalent combination of
education, training and experience
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science
and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our
customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics,
technology solutions and contract research services we provide to
the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+
employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and
intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants
with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation
to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition
team at email@example.com to arrange for such an
Keywords: IQVIA Holdings Inc, Trenton , Senior Product Support - Tech Advisor, Other , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!