Company: Wesley Enhanced Living
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a
positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling
difference in the lives of our residents through providing
excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for
an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a
great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing
Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to
senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with
Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging
services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us
discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Housekeeper must provide a clean, sanitary, comfortable,
orderly, and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees,
and public. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which
prevent the spread of infection and odors. The Housekeeper may be
required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood
contamination or reasonably anticipated blood contamination. The
Housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling,
cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the
clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing
blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard and
Wesley Enhanced Living Company's Exposure Control Plan for
Housekeeper essential duties and responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Operates various cleaning equipment including but not limited
to vacuums, mops, brooms and dust pans.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the equipment that will be used.
This includes but is not limited to rinsing out any type of floor
cleaner/extractor at the end of shift and replacing vacuum cleaner
bags as needed.
- Reports any equipment/mechanical problems to
- Restocks housekeeping cart at the end of shift for next day's
- Maintains facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition
through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and
- Requires working in damp, dusty and dirty areas.
- Will clean up human waste and other body fluids as required and
in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen policies and
procedures for handling and disposal.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable
- Will comply with all State and Federal regulations such as
OSHA, EPA, when handling various cleaning solvents and
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Empty trash containers daily.
- Wet mop floors in all residents' rooms and bathrooms. Damp mop
all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily. Clean
mirrors, tubs, and showers.
- Cleaning of Resident and Public bathrooms daily. Restock all
- Check all vacant rooms daily to keep fresh.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as
leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing
nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
- Check entire area for spills, leaks and water periodically,
especially in residents' bathrooms.
- Follow procedures on proper use of germicidal solutions to
clean, as learned in WEL housekeeper's training program.
- Use safety precautions and Personal Protective Equipment as
needed in all housekeeping services.
- Maintain cleaning schedule prepared by Housekeeping
- Notify supervisor of any issues or concerns regarding
employment, job requirements, safety issues, resident concerns,
- Housekeepers are Essential Personnel and as such may be
required to work in the event of severe weather events as outlined
in the Employee hand book.
Related Experience: Previous housekeeping in personal care or
hospital experience a plus. Must possess a basic knowledge of
housekeeping and cleaning supplies
Education or Degree Requirement: High School Diploma
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: Valid Drivers
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Wesley Enhanced Living, Trenton , Housekeeper, Other , Doylestown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!