Warehouse Operations Manager
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for a leader to join our management
team! If you are a Warehouse Operations expert that is customer
focused, then this may be the role for you!
The Operations Manager is responsible for directing the daily
activities of the Warehouse operations, including labor scheduling,
supervision and the proper utilization of space, equipment and
manpower. Key responsibilities include: staffing, warehouse
management, implementation of safety, security, housekeeping and
sanitation programs and customer service.
• Direct the operations of the warehouse supervisory, lead and
regular personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
• Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and
cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility and of all
• Develop, implement and improve Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) - Work with the Distribution Center Manager to establish and
ensure the execution of operational procedures for activities such
as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and
disposition of materials and inventory accuracy, and driving active
• Candidate must be able to develop work plans to ensure
appropriate staffing levels while managing overtime in a way that
takes into consideration P&L, work-life balance, and the need
to always meet the expectations of the customer
• Develop, implement and direct programs to ensure the safety of
all personnel, equipment and property. Ensure a culture of safety
throughout the organization by following K+N safety policies and
procedures - monitor DC safety, physical security and operational
metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Continuously assess, train, coach, mentor and develop personnel -
Coach, trains, and develop Associates informally and through formal
training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching)
and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based
• Plan long range labor needs based on customer sales forecasts and
input from Management.
• Identify, assess and pursue continuous improvement opportunities
and make recommendations to Distribution Center Manager (DCM) on
programs to improve operations.
• Implement a “lean” culture and continuous improvement attitude in
the operations together with Management.
• Organize/ hold / attend daily warehouse meetings – essentially
daily shift start meeting including the use of the communication
board for special assignments etc.
• Interact with DCM and Warehouse Supervisors to establish clear,
ambitious, yet attainable goals and objectives in all business
areas (operations, quality and service, QSHE, profitability,
• Create and manage housekeeping program in warehouse.
• Inventory control / management - Ensure current and accurate
inventory control for each area in the warehouse, direct the
inventory lead person and contribute to the development and
implementation and direction of programs to ensure inventory and
• Work with Customer Production Department Managers to develop
smooth flow of finished goods into the warehouse for both shipping
and storage – identify issues, report them, suggest
• Manage a staff of supervisors and associates in a 24/7
environment, able to work a flexible schedule and ability to be on
call at various times. Must be able to work nights, weekends and
• Manage OT and work orders and ensure operations profitability
based on current service agreement and pricing structure
• Manage and drive Quality, Safety, Health, Enviroment & Security
(QSHE) implementation and compliance – work closely with Local QSHE
• Report operational issues and IT issues
• Manage staff, set expectations and objectives for individuals,
ensure accountability and environment open for new ideas and
creative improvement process
Your Skills and Experiences
• Team Leadership: Ability to build and encourage a positive
teamwork environment, develop team and individuals and manage
achievements and recognition.
• Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior
in all roles, tasks and responsibilities; models K+N anchor
principles and values.
• Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in
the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately
resolvable; ties all loose ends.
• Performance and Result Orientation: Drives performance in a way
that takes into consideration multiple and sometimes competing
priorities, keeping the goal in sight and reaching agreed
• Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which
excellent service is provided to all Customers; sees business
through the eyes of the Customer, reacts quickly and flexibly to
ever evolving customer demands
• Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish
important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple
demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
• Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with
all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input
and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
• Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals,
direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and
Qualifications and Experience:
• Five years of management experience, managing productivity and
labor planning in a high volume, fast paced, distribution
environment – Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Background is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or logistics
• Strong operational background with a track record of continuous
improvement including high level of focus of Quality in a
• Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
• Proven proficiency in an automated warehouse environment, working
knowledge of WMS technologies (specifically ORACLE)
• Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of
subordinates, proven developer of individuals and teams.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Trenton , Warehouse Operations Manager, Other , Cranbury, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!