1821 - Director, Strategic Accounts
Company: Certara Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Certara is hiring a Director, Strategic Accounts to support our
Consulting division! This position can be based out of any East
Coast Certara office or full time remote.
At Certara, we accelerate medicines to patients by partnering
with life science innovators.
In the past 6 years, over 90% of companies that received new
drug approvals by the FDA used our software or services. Our
integrated and proprietary end-to-end platform with biosimulation,
regulatory science, and market access solutions combined with our
strong team of scientists and subject matter experts enable our
clients to have:
- informed decision-making & reduced clinical trial burden
- higher R&D productivity
- improved patient outcomes & increased patient access to
- accelerated regulatory approval
Certara is a global team that fosters and nurtures a diverse and
inclusive culture. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. The collective sum of our individual differences, life
experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and unique
capabilities and talent represents a significant part of our
culture, our reputation and our achievement.
Together with our partners, we use biosimulation and
technology-enabled services to transform drug discovery and
development across all therapeutic areas and innovative
Certara has openings in its exciting and transformational
organization for highly motivated and energetic Business
Development Professionals with a proven and demonstrated track
record for identifying and expanding business in strategically
targeted Tier 1 and 2 named accounts.
Our Account Executive will be partnering with the Tier 1 and 2
Account Leaders and with world-class expert drug development
consultants in client engagements and be supported during the
Business Development process by required expert teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Our Account Executives will be responsible for:
- Candidates should have at minimum a Bachelor's Degree in a
science related curriculum with a demonstrated career path in
Business Development to support the sought drug development
experience and understanding required for this position.
- A seasoned and well-rounded biopharmaceutical executive is
required with minimum combined business development experience of
10 years, in successfully representing drug development related
consulting services from preclinical through Phase 4 in the
- Thorough understanding about the role of Clinical Pharmacology
and Model Informed Drug Development (PK/PD, QSP, PBPK and MBMA) in
the drug development process, with the ability to converse with
C-suite leadership in Biopharma companies about these topics and an
integrated drug development strategy is essential.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical space and
current macro trends within the industry. Able to lead strategic
business planning process based on a thorough understanding of
industry trends and opportunities and effectively solve strategic
- Proven ability to lead initiatives: work collaboratively with
teams to achieve objectives. Achieves organizational focus on key
priorities. Provides clear direction, delegates, actively
communicates. Superior project management skills.
- Proven success in working collaboratively with cross functional
commercialization teams with a strong business orientation and
ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives.
Experienced and adept in a variety of negotiating settings. Able to
engage effectively; establishes a clear negotiation strategy and
manages a tight process. Proven experience in identifying,
evaluating and pursuing business development opportunities within
new and existing key markets.
- Experience with developing business cases to recommend and
rationalize investments and other strategic actions.
- Demonstrated ability to gain credibility through successful
leadership in a matrix environment, across a range of functions,
position levels and geography
- Understanding of pharmaceutical service organizations and their
revenue drivers is strongly preferred
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationship building
Skills & Abilities
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Highly energetic individual who welcomes accountability, a
solid work ethic, and a commitment to quality while constantly
looking for ways to contribute
- Strategic thinking and ability to constructively challenge and
influence the decision making process
- Establishes clear expectations and priorities; drives
initiatives to completion. Sets goals and consistently delivers
against objectives. Monitors progress and proactively addresses
issues and obstacles.
- Ability to effectively translate overall strategies into
actionable operational plans and assure implementation
- Ability to simplify and convey complex concepts and strategies
orally and in writing and influence key decision makers Strong
analytical skills with a data-driven focus Ability to create and
share a vision based on corporate mission
- Flexible and able to adapt to a quickly changing
Certara is a growing company that provides a novel and exciting
place to work. Our purpose is to assist in accelerating the
development of meaningful medicines that make an impact on our
society and the people that need them most. Innovation and
creativity are highly valued, and everyone is given the opportunity
for training and continuous development. Our portfolio spans the
discovery, preclinical, clinical and post-marketing phases of drug
development, working with 1,200 commercial companies, 250 academic
institutions, and numerous regulatory agencies.
The well-being of our employees is a priority at Certara, and
that is why we support the most important aspects of their
- Financial - competitive pay, incentives, retirement plans,
income security programs
- Health and Wellness - comprehensive benefit package, wellness
programs, healthy lifestyle office environments
- Work/Life -unlimited paid time off and an employee assistance
- Growth & Development - performance driven environment
- Community Impact - volunteering opportunities, matching gifts,
New York, NY
Certara bases all employment-related decision on merit, taking
into consideration qualifications, skills, achievement, and
performance. We treat all applicants and employees without regard
to personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, marital
status, pregnancy, physical or mental condition, genetic
information, military service, or other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Certara Inc., Trenton , 1821 - Director, Strategic Accounts, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!