Senior Project Controller, Scheduler (Construction)
Company: Integrated Project Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
IPS hiring! We are looking for a talented Senior Project
Controller (Scheduler) to join our industry leading Project
Delivery and Construction team at our office located in Somerset,
The Senior Project Controller/Scheduler is accountable to
develop, progress and forecast all phases of the project
schedule/plan using the most current industry practices and
software. Provide planning leadership and integrate with
engineering, procurement, cost, technical & construction
disciplines for seamless reporting to insure effective Capital
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, monitor and update project Plans & Schedules
encompassing the entire engineering, procurement, construction and
qualification (EPCQ) life cycle.
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic project environment.
Facilitate/participate in project scheduling meetings as well as
Pull/Phase/Takt/Interactive planning sessions as required to
develop, refine and progress project plans.
- Analyze schedule input from project partners including clients,
internal teams, vendors and contractors to verify schedule
durations and integrity as well as evaluate logic and float paths.
Integrate into an overall master schedule.
- Assure credibility of the information in master schedule. Make
recommendations to manage float and (re)sequence activities to
achieve project milestone/target dates.
- Collaborate with estimating & cost control to resource/cost
load schedules as required.
- Collaborate with team to support constructability and value
- Evaluate schedule risk & perform analysis (Monte Carlo
Simulation, etc.) as required.
- Baseline schedules and document basis for approval.
- Monitor schedule progress, deviations, and variances and assess
impacts to the critical/near-critical path activities. Assist in
the developing alternatives for corrective action.
- Perform jobsite walks to verify physical progress of scheduled
activities and analyze change orders for schedule impacts.
Continually progress & review schedules with project team to ensure
accurate and timely data is incorporated and forecasted.
- Ability to generate earned value, SPI, CPI, and other schedule
- Prepare schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule
analysis. Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances
that potentially affect schedule performance. Emphasis on data
visualization and effective team communication.
- At the project completion, develop and record the project's
historical schedule information and "lessons learned".
- Provide supervision and leadership for more junior department
and project personnel.
- Collaborate with all groups to improve company processes,
systems and intellectual infrastructure to promote organizational
learning and continuous improvement.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and organizational
skills are required with the ability to prioritize and manage large
amounts of information to effectively meet deadlines.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering or related technical field,
construction management or applicable experience.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as a planner/scheduler on
facilities capital projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering, procurement,
construction and qualification (EPCQ) processes in the
- Understanding of engineering, construction methodologies and
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of modern planning and
scheduling principles, methodologies, techniques and tools
including CPM, Last Planner, 4D, etc.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with demonstrated
proficiency in Primavera P6 Planner, Microsoft Project as well as
MS Office Suite programs (MS Excel, MS Access, Power BI, etc) is
- Knowledge of vPlanner, BIM 360 and other visual & collaborative
- PMI, AACEI or other industry certifications.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
Safety minded individual that must comply with IPS Mission Zero
Capable of working alone or as part of a team without a
significant level of supervision
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. for
long periods of time with extended computer use
Experience working in both a Home Office and Field
Up to 50% travel required to both project and regional office
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is
designated for field work and attends activities at client sites
where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing,
research or other "non-administrative" areas.
- Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job
- Must approach work with visible enthusiasm and a contagious
energy that provides a positive example for coworkers and
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working
to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the
welfare of clients.
- Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term
relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing
innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering,
construction, commissioning and qualification of complex
pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities.
With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to
large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology,
trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital
projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have
applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life
cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more
efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs.
Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company
with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California,
Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore,
Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and four locations in India.
Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction,
Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic
Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls,
Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and
Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of
protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past
practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at
IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS
in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a
specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no
fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a
result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Integrated Project Services, Trenton , Senior Project Controller, Scheduler (Construction), Other , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!