Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: June 13, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
The Fleet Technician role will utilize carpentry/construction
related skills to build or refurbish fully functional mobile repair
labs. Ability to safely operate power tolls while utilizing a
variety of building materials. Quickly acquire an understanding of
the special requirements related to constructing a "mobile"
- Follows layout design to measure, cut and install a variety of
- Installs ceilings, walls, countertops, cabinets, fixtures, etc.
into mobile vehicle.
- Utilizes power tools / equipment.
- Completes electrical service including installing proper
bonding, grounding, electrical panel, control switches, outlets,
conduit, wiring, etc.
- Removes old ceilings, walls, counters, etc. for vehicles to be
- High School Diploma or GED
- General construction with 2 years of work history.
- 2 years of experience with basic carpentry skills including fit
and finish, compound mitre saw, understanding of angles,
understanding basic framing.
- 2 years experience with power tools, including all types of
saws (circular, band, chop, mitre), impact guns, drill guns,
grinders, drill press.
- 2 years experience with basic electrical work and wiring.
- 2 years experience understanding and following basic CAD
drawings, PowerPoints, blueprints.
- 2 years experience following basic measurements and plans.
- Knowledge of compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical repair and trouble-shooting
techniques associated with vans and trucks: some diesel engine
repair and maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work effeciently,
follow schedules and instructions associated with building of
- Manage work and time, follow procedures and policies, deal with
frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be dependable and consistently at work on time
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Trenton , Construction Technician, Other , Hillsborough, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!