Critical Care Technician
Company: Capital Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position #: 2249
- Functions as an integral part of the patient care team by
assisting the professional staff in delivering indirect and direct
patient care according to unit specific functions.
- Performs phlebotomy, glucometer testing and EKG
- Provides for safety aspects of patient care (assists with
patient restraints, follows fall precautions, responds to emergency
- Provides personal care (bathing, mouth care, evening care,
incontinence care to patient).
- Applies asic dressings, slings, splints, antiembolism and
sequential pressure stockings.
- Collects specimens such as stool, urine and sputum.
- Empties and cleans ostomy and other device bags.
- Provides for nutrition of patients. Feeds, monitors tube
feedings, delivers nourishment, counts calories.
- Assists with post mortem care.
- Assists with CPR under the direction/supervision of a
Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Stocks supplies and maintains a well cleaned, organized
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year prior experience as an EMT, military medic, PCA in an
acute care or equivalent skill in long-term care setting,
completion of a medical assistant program, or successful completion
of two clinical semesters of an accredited nursing school.
- Certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred.
In lieu of CNA certification, successful completion of the Capital
Health UAP Training program within 90 days of employment.
- Frequent physical demands include: Sitting , Standing , Walking
, Carry objects , Push/Pull , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward
, Reaching overhead , Squat/kneel/crawl Occasional physical demands
include: Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) , Wrist position
deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard
use/repetitive motion Continuous physical demands include: Talk or
Hear Lifting Floor to Waist 80 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above
Keywords: Capital Health, Trenton , Critical Care Technician, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!