Full Time and Part Time Positions Available
Includes some holidays and every other weekend
The position is primarily responsible for running daily life
enrichment programs. Maximizes participation. Provides input in
regards to programs being organized and planned.
* Conducts programs that meet the individualized needs of the
resident population at the community.
* Provides input to the Director of Life Enrichment to develop a
monthly calendar that meets the Artis standards and the individual
interests of the residents
* Utilizes the Partnership Profile to maximize individualization
of programs and interactions with residents.
* Utilizes the associate Partnership Profile to involve
associates in programs of interest and to enhance the monthly
* Knows, understands, and demonstrates the company philosophy of
Positive Partnerships the ARTIS Way.
* Assures that the ARTIS specific programs are being held as
designated (i.e.: Time to Dish; Town Hall meeting; I CAN program;
and Im AlWrite)
* Sets up and breaks down needed materials before/after
* Assists in taking residents on out trips. Provides supervision
and guidance on the trips.
* Provides information to the Director of Life Enrichment
regarding the residents participation and abilities in order to
assist with the development of a personalized care plan.
* Responsible for maintaining communication, in conjunction with
Director of Life Enrichment, with family members regarding level of
participation in programs.
* Supports and maintains an effective volunteer program through
screening, orienting, training, supervising and evaluating
volunteers. Also maintains adequate records on volunteers and
complies with government standards for documentation.
* Assists the Director of Life Enrichment with ordering,
maintaining, and securing needed supplies for the department.
Informs DLE of needed supplies and materials.
* Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community
residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and
accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal,
safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with
his/her role in carrying out the sites fire, safety and disaster
plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
* Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and
families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals needs and
* Performs all other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Years dementia specific experience, with primary focus on
programming, activities, or social services. An Associates Degree
or TRD preferred.
* Must be qualified by experience and training to develop
programs appropriate for elders and disabled individuals, interact
with family members, and provide dementia specific information to
* Must be able to read, write and understand the English
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender,
religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.