Nursing Assistant - Critical Care Unit - Full-Time (Plainsboro, NJ)
Company: University of Pennsylvania Health System
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Nursing Assistant to
join our Critical Care Unit in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a full-time
day shift opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be available to work 40 hours/week:
- Work two 12-hour shifts 7:00AM- 7:30PM
- Work two 8-hour shifts 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- Work 2 weekends per month (Saturday & Sunday)
The Llura & Gordon Gund - Center for Critical Care is a 24 bed
unit, of which, 8 beds are designated as IMCU (Intermediate Care
Unit). The Center for Critical Care is located on the 3rd floor
(West Side) of the Atkinson Pavilion. The Critical Care Unit is a
specialized unit in the hospital where patients with critical
illness or injury receive extensive, round-the-clock care and
monitoring. Through the program, the care of each patient in the
ICU is carefully and closely managed by a compassionate team of
intensivists. This model of care is known as a "closed" ICU,
because the care of all patients is coordinated by staff
As a Nursing Assistant in the Critical Care Unit you will be
responsible for assisting nurses in the delivery of nursing care
provided to critical or unstable adult patients requiring intensive
treatment, monitoring and complex nursing care. Nursing Assistants
participate as members of the treatment team in creating and
maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
We care for individuals with conditions resulting from:
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI with PCI)
- Substance withdrawal
- Diabetic emergencies
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited
- Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care in the Critical
- Makes observations of patient condition and reports and
documents information as requested.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill as it pertains to patient
hygiene, vital signs, emptying and documenting of urine outputs,
- Performs and documents nursing care activities as assigned,
consistent with established procedures.
- Performs daily audits such as; ensuring the temperatures of
medication refrigerators are within the specified guidelines and
any other audits, as assigned by the nurse or nurse manager.
- Participates in keeping the nursing unit clean and well
organized (i.e. patient rooms, work stations, and hallways).
- Obtains, stocks, and organizes patient care and unit
- Uses products, supplies, and equipment in an efficient manner,
keeping waste within department limits as observed by peers and
- Identifies and reports broken or malfunctioning equipment or
needed repairs on the unit.
- Exhibits good communication skills with patients/families and
co-workers and is able to make suggestions regarding the patient's
needs for nursing care.
- Participates in quality assurance activities on the unit by
attending unit staff meetings and meeting annual required
in-services standard and maintains competency through annual
in-services and/or education.
- Responsible for transferring patients to other units or to the
front corridor to be discharged home.
- Performs job tasks in accordance with hospital and department
policy and procedure, including appropriate use of equipment,
machines, appropriate use in wearing of physical barriers and
Keywords: University of Pennsylvania Health System, Trenton , Nursing Assistant - Critical Care Unit - Full-Time (Plainsboro, NJ), Other , Plainsboro, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!