Job title: Preventative Maintenance Utility Worker
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Position type and expected hours of work: This is a full-time
position. The hours worked will be determined by the Maintenance
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a
clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for
his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
Summary: This position is responsible for the routine operation
and maintenance of project equipment and general labor under the
supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
- Operates project equipment, connects hoses to equipment and
completes routine equipment preventative maintenance.
- Cleans and maintains the operation grounds in a safe, efficient
- Completes recurring manual tasks such as sweeping and mopping
floors and performing light maintenance.
- Operates project equipment.
- Performs general light maintenance and repair activities on
- Moves equipment when needed.
- Replenishes and stocks supplies.
- Lubricates and checks machinery and equipment.
- Performs routine plumbing and related activities.
- Runs errands and picks up supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and maintains operation site, including sweeping, taking
out trash, keeping operation in order.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings and maintain records
Ensure efficient, safe operations of trucks, tractors, dredges,
conveyors, pumps, and other similar equipment. Coordinate with
other workers on project for project support.
- Ensure that the project operates consistently to meet customer
expectations, OSHA regulations, DOT compliance and company
- Communicate effectively with other workers at the job
- Inspect and maintain equipment and jobsite daily and report
changes to Maintenance Manager.
- Complete daily operations report, safety meetings online and
- Ensure work areas inside the office and outside and around the
project site are kept clean.
- Maintain professional appearance and use personal protection
equipment (PPE) when required.
Competency: Must be able to read, write, and follow verbal and
written instructions in English. Willingness to establish and
maintain effective working relationships.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
fumes or airborne particles, or overwhelming odors.
Physical demands: To successfully perform the essential
functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit,
talk, climb and hear. The employee is constantly required to use
hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or
controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to balance, stoop, knee, crouch, crawl and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust
We offer an extensive and competitive benefit plan for all our
full-time employees as we value their time and commitment. Our
- Generous 401k match up to 4%.
- Company paid Long Term Disability.
- Company paid Short Term Disability.
- Company paid AD&D.
- Company paid Life.
- Voluntary life for employee and family.
- Heath Savings plan.
- Paid Time Off.
- Sick Time.
- Paid weekly.
Preferred education and experience: High School Diploma or GED.
Must have valid driver's license. This is an entry-level
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be
assigned at any time with or without notice.