Posted on: June 13, 2021
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information.
We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our
clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data,
we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics
through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Our Global Data team drives the algorithms and analytics at the
core of what we do. Working across industries and asset classes, we
draw on expertise from all backgrounds to identify the most
impactful insights for our clients. We build on our knowledge of
data trends to determine how customer needs might change over time,
and code the foundation to support those changes. Whether it's
identifying strong users of data sets like FX or creating more
efficient data architecture, we write the programs, analyze
patterns, and make recommendations to reduce customer churn and
grow business success across the firm. The entire organization
utilizes Global Data to forecast, set, and achieve their own goals.
Our work leads directly to client satisfaction, which contributes
to Bloomberg's profitability and ability to keep innovating.
Each member of Global Data has full ownership of their
multidisciplinary role: we are nimble, autonomous, fast-paced, and
work with purpose. And we'd like you to join us.
We'll trust you to:
- Rise to the challenge: research new data sets and use your
technical subject matter expertise to recommend new product
offerings and generate premium content
- Drive operations: draw on your scripting and programming skills
to report on project progress, -create data visualizations, and
propose new methods of analysis
- Implement innovation: analyze metadata and current processes to
find opportunities for improvement
- Influence priorities: Review market conventions and data
relationships to set rules for data validation
- Achieve your purpose: optimize processes, lead projects, and
improve the quality of the products sought by internal and external
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in
Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM
- 2+ years of programming and scripting experience in a Python
- Consistent track record of using technology to innovative data
products and processes
- Proficiency using data and statistical modeling and machine
learning methods to solve real world problems
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and
will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We will be in touch to
let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Bloomberg, Trenton , Data Scientist, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!