ULH/ Network Topology Engineer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor
accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe.
Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and
has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network,
employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently
generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars.
Our client is in the process of modernizing our core networks to
enable new, groundbreaking products and technologies. This new
'Intelligent Edge Network' leverages virtualization and software
defined networking and will transform how we provide products and
service, and maintain our position as the industry leader. Our
client is seeking motivated and driven Engineering professionals to
support the Intelligent Edge network. In this position, you will be
responsible for Topology and Design of the long distance network
equipment and facilities for the domestic US in the provisioning
database(s) to include equipment inventory updates for all LD
installations, decommissions, system rolls and manual updates to
address data integrity issues encountered as the result of an
outage, NOC move or redline in the field to insure that the field
and the provisioning databases are in sync.
- Maintain equipment inventory records and LD transport
implementation in provisioning database(s)
- Database cleanup to insure the integrity of the system and the
- Work with peers to ensure OTP and delivery to support the needs
of the business and the customer
- Handle escalations and troubleshoot, as needed
- Analyze requirements of the organization & work to develop,
improve, maintain and implement technologies
- Familiarity with field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Stay current on technological evolutions.
What we're looking for...
Do you have a strong understanding of engineering specs and
drawings, knowledge and experience with both equipment inventory
and design and a strong working knowledge of the legacy network
operating systems? Do you enjoy analyzing problems and having the
autonomy to select and implement the right solutions? While you
work well independently, you are also a great team player and enjoy
leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best
outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage
multiple assignments and competing priorities while staying focused
on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly
build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain
complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field or relevant
- Five or more years of telecom work experience
Even better if you have:
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Technical knowledge of network equipment and systems
- Equipment Knowledge: Sonet/SDH, OTN, ULH and WDM transport,
DACS, Switch, Router
- Vendor Specific Knowledge: Cisco, Ciena, Fujitsu, Nortel,
Lucent, Alcatel, Tellabs
- System Knowledge: BGW, ICON, CCP, Venue, CoFEE, NTLS, FIM, One
- Experience managing complex processes and driving results
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: AFL, Trenton , ULH/ Network Topology Engineer, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!