Application Engineer Sr Specialist
Company: CNA Financial
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Individual contributor provides a high level of leadership and
expertise in systems analysis and design application development
and/or integration and testing of complex systems applications to
support business needs. Provides guidance to others informally and
formally leads teams on a project and/or program. The focus of this
position will be leading architecting designing developing or
integrating business applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with
- Evaluates complex client area requirements and processes and
designs or prepares application system specifications and develops
tests and implements efficient and cost effective application
solutions. Includes issue resolution and on-going system
- May lead the integration of vendor applications and consulting
resources with existing applications and resources. May hold the
development lead or sub lead role on a project and/or program.
- Acts as technical consultant to programming staff and/or
business unit to mentor staff in all phases of the program
development testing and implementation process. Participates in
instructing directing and checking the design or applications work
- Coordinates the activities of the section with the client area
and other IT areas (e.g. infrastructure testing and
- Researches and evaluates new alternative solutions and/or
architecture and recommends the most efficient and cost effective
solution for the systems design including estimating costs as
- Acts as liaison between clients vendors consulting resources
and applications area. Assists with relationship management
contract negotiations and ensuring adherence to requirements.
- May participate in developing recommendations for architecture
direction and applications portfolio.
Typically Director or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
Solid technical knowledge of high level programming languages
databases interfaces and familiarity with application program
- In-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle and
system and application program
development technological alternatives.
Proven knowledge of client area's functions and systems.
- Proven understanding of state of the art application
development support software packages
proficiency in at least one higher level programming
Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong knowledge of interface design and user centered design
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the
ability to work effectively with peers IT
management and staff and internal/external business
Ability to manage projects and lead teams.
Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and
other business related software systems or languages including but
not limited to Mainframe DB2 UNIX Oracle Websphere J2EE Java
Peoplesoft Business Objects and ETL. Other technologies will apply
dependent on business area supported.
- Preferred insurance industry knowledge.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or
equivalent work experience.
Typically a minimum of seven years of systems analysis and
application program development experience.
Some previous project leadership experience.
- Applicable certifications preferred.
Keywords: CNA Financial, Trenton , Application Engineer Sr Specialist, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!