FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (FULL & PART TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 6, 2021
- We have an opening for a full-time & part-time FOOD
SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER position.
- Location: Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care-671
Hoes Lane West, Piscataway, NJ 08854 Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T & P/T- Various shifts available including
days, evenings and weekends. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Professional cash handling experience
- Perks: Benefits, paid vacation, and annual
We are excited to announce the launch of our new
pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your
career with our award-winning organization! When you
submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to
participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral
Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for
this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn
an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions
to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a
$250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to
refer? Have them apply to this posting via this
direct link or at
http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask
them to provide your name in the “If referred by current employee”
section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are
offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Performs cashiering duties,
including general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards
in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and
seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work
stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety
standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable
- Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping,
dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure
proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following
outlined steps of service.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Performs sales transactions.
- Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are
- Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other
acceptable forms of payment.
- Issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts,
ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining service area cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Compass Group, Trenton , FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (FULL & PART TIME), Other , PISCATAWAY, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!