Human Services Coordinator
Company: The Salvation Army - NJ Division
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Essential Function The Human Services Coordinator functions as a
representative of the local Salvation Army amongst community groups
and events, identifies resources available for individuals and
partnerships with other local organization to ensure a holistic
approach to services rendered, and organizes staff meetings and
volunteer groups for Corps programs or special events. The
Coordinator will identify patterns in our services and strategize
solutions to provide quality and dignifying service to our
community. They will oversee the CaseManager and Programs
Assistant, coordinate all community outreach, oversee case
management, programs, services, and other human services operations
at the Corps Center.Duties and Responsibilities The duties listed
below are the primary duties of this position but are not all the
duties that may be required.The Salvation Army reserves the right
to change, reduce or expand the duties of this position at any
time.Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
role.Specifically, the primary duties are:
- Community Outreach *
- Assist and represent The Salvation Army at regular countywide
non-profit and/or organizational meetings/events, such as Mercer
COAD, National Night Out, etc. to identify resources and referrals
for individuals, share information of programs available at local
Corps, and organize partnerships for programs or special events
throughout the year.
- Work alongside Corps Officer for seasonal programs such as
Thanksgiving, Christmas Angel Tree and food/toy distribution,
community BBQ, and backpack distribution.
- Work directly with Officers for special events as needed.Staff
Development & Management
- Coordinate and facilitate routine staff and volunteer meetings,
supervisions, and evaluations alongside Corps Officer.
- Schedule staff trainings and workshops on a quarterly basis, or
- Assist Corps Officers in overseeing volunteers, community
service workers, and staff.
- Keep accurate records of all volunteers, including Community
Service Workers' files, and submit their paperwork on time.Programs
& Services Management
- Supervise and coordinate current human services programs to
ensure services are rendered according to the Salvation Army's
standards and mission.
- Support Pathway of Hope Initiative alongside Case Manager by
enrolling eligible families with children under 18 who are living
in generational/chronic poverty and providing the above case
management in conjunction with the Pathway of Hope policies and
- Build and maintain relationships amongst local organizations,
and create partnerships for client/case referrals, special events,
and seminars for community residents.
- Build, update, and maintain a directory of referral resources,
contacts, and services using client database (Service Point).Case &
- Oversee clients' cases, enter data into client database,
generate and keep a record of each case file, discuss client
eligibility with Case Manager, and keep monthly statistic records.
- Work alongside Case Manger to assess Pathway of Hope cases and
ensure best available solutions, resources, and/referral available
on a case-by-case basis.
- Extract monthly reports from client database to identify
patterns and recommend improvement of service.
- Place all food orders, submit reports on time, and handle all
paperwork from the local Food Bank.
- Create and maintain a community contacts resource
database.Process & Procedures
- Develop and maintain workflows and reporting procedures.
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of
reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests from
clients, staff, Officers, and volunteers.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and
expediting orders for supplies with Corps Officer's authorization,
and verifying receipt of supplies.
- General office duties pertaining to Corps as directed by
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Social Work or 2-year degree combined with
- Master's Degree in Social Work preferred.
- Two years of experience in the field required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Forms, Teams)
- Valid New Jersey Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Professional demeanor, organized, quick learner, good
communication, and strong computer skills.
- Knowledgeable of Mercer County and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of interactions with
clients and fellow employees.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic
characteristics of populations served.
- Good organization skills and timely follow up skills to ensure
that any concerns are reported timely, clearly, and addressed in an
appropriate time frame for overall cleanliness and safety.
- Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation
Army.Job Type: Full-timePay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Human Services: 2 years (Preferred)Language:
- Spanish (Required)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Required)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: The Salvation Army - NJ Division, Trenton , Human Services Coordinator, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!