Sr. User Experience Designer, HMI
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.Company OverviewWe are TuSimple - a highly
ambitious team with deep technical expertise and audacious vision.
We are building products that will change the world. Our mission is
to develop the world's most advanced self-driving technologies
specifically designed to meet the unique demands of heavy-duty
trucks.And we deliver. As the first AV to market, we are
commercializing autonomous freight capacity that is safer, more
efficient, and on-demand. In pursuit of our goals, we are looking
for the best and brightest to join us on this exciting journey and
be part of a fast-moving, highly execution-oriented team.As a
multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are
at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our
breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.While
inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of
autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed
supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are
some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are
leaving behind a historic legacy.TuSimple was founded half a decade
ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together
to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a
foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial
Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global
commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Opportunity
OverviewWe are looking for a well-rounded Sr. UX researcher who can
work on strategic initiatives across product teams to identify
research opportunities and deliver insights in a data-dense,
complex space. In this role, you will work closely with other
researchers, designers, product managers, engineers and
on-the-ground drivers to develop a deep understanding of user
journeys, identify pain points, craft and execute research plans,
and synthesize the collected data into actionable insights. You
will explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary
research such as contextual inquiries, interviews, workshops,
usability testing, surveys and other experiments. You will use your
stellar communication skills to present research findings to a
range of stakeholders - from UX teammates to senior-level
leadership. You will play a critical role in creating useful,
usable, and delightful products and have impact at all stages of
product development.This role will support our HMI / Autonomy
Visualization teams in optimizing the way we collect data from the
road, extract and verify the data to feed our algorithms, and edit
map data to accommodate new information.The TeamThe TuSimple UX
team is growing! We are focused on grounding-breaking work in
autonomous vehicle design and research. We seek to build beautiful,
usable products that empower our engineering and hardware teams to
build better, smarter, safer self-driving technology.
Who you are
- You have a proven track record of successfully leading UX /
product research in complex, technical problem spaces.
- You use a scenario-based approach to think horizontally and
connect the dots across product lines.
- You have a gift for identifying patterns in your research and
synthesizing them into actionable insights.
- You are energized by fast-paced environments.
- You have strong communications skills, as demonstrated by your
ability to clearly articulate the right altitude of information to
stakeholders with different levels of expertise and seniority.
- You are enthusiastic to learn about new data-dense
technologies, tools, and ideas.
- You are a team player, enjoy supporting your fellow UX
teammates, and seek feedback with low ego.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy taking ownership
of your work.
- You are self-driven with an analytical mind.Responsibilities
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team of UX researchers,
designers, product managers, data scientists and engineers to
support data-driven feature design and development.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of research
methodologies (i.e. usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys,
benchmark studies, online experiments such as A/B testing,
- Lead strategic research initiatives to clarify end-to-end user
journeys and identify novel opportunities.
- Document and disseminate research findings to diverse audiences
through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Mentor early-career researchers.QualificationsEssential
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as a Researcher.
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, Psychology, or
other Computer Science / Engineering field.
- Portfolio of work that includes research case studies utilizing
- Product research experience with complex developer tools and /
or other enterprise applications.Preferred
- Experience contributing to design systems.
- Experience in automotive
- Experience working with AI / MLTuSimple Benefits
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks,
special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disabilityTuSimple is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in
employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age,
handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Trenton , Sr. User Experience Designer, HMI, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!