Senior System Engineer
Company: RCH Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About UsRCH Solutions is a rapidly growing global provider of
computational science expertise within Life Sciences and
Healthcare. At RCH Solutions, our team rallies around a culture
crafted for learning and achieving. We're relentless in our pursuit
for innovation and demanding of ourselves to deliver a
ground-breaking computing experience for our clients, so that they
can deliver life-saving science to humanity.
Job DescriptionRCH Solutions is seeking an experienced HPC
Specialist with public cloud skills to join a dynamic group
dedicated to the support of research science. This position
requires strong computational skills with on-prem and Public Cloud
computing, prioritizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) / automated
provisioning and configuration management. Seeking applicants with
an advanced degrees or industry experience. You will leverage your
professional track-record of implementing and managing Public Cloud
hosted Big Data / Analytics solutions. The appropriate candidate
should come from a Linux engineering background and have evolved
that knowledge to working in High Performance Computing or
Scientific Computing environments.
- Develop and implement HPC and CloudOps best practices for
customers and RCH applications teams; engaging in the fast-moving
realm of Life Sciences, prioritizing innovation.
- Lead and collaborate with virtual teams onsite and remotely
defining and implementing computing solutions in the Cloud,
on-prem, and hybrid.
- Assist in development and implementation of security
guard-rails practice and initiatives at all levels of the Cloud
- Act as second level engineering and applications support for
incidents, understanding technical interdependencies for end-to-end
problem solving, engaging third party tier-1 support organizations,
as well as application teams and Cloud services and SaaS providers
for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- help to onboard new users (not a development environment)
- familiarity with VPCx
- R Studio maintenance
- AWS Services background including Athena and Redshift
- Postgres, Python and R
- Experience implementing HPC for Analytics and Computational
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Cloud.
- Experience in software requirements gathering, documentation,
design, and development
- Solid R Programming experience
- Ability to leverage Docker/ Container technologies in a Linux
or Cloud Native environment
- A track record with Altair (Univa) NavOps Launch and Grid
- Expertise with High-Performance Compute (HPC), Enterprise Linux
Operating Systems, and Orchestration technologies in complex
- Broad understanding and experience implementing and supporting
AWS / AZURE / Google Cloud services, processes, and hosting.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills and ability
to translate business requirements into computational
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects of moderate scope,
mapping-out critical path, milestones and timelines, as well as
manage customer expectations with minimal supervision
- Developed communication and presentation skills and a
successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional
- Prior experience leading and mentoring team members.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work
Additional informationGreat talent should benefit from a great work
environment. If you join our team, you'll have access to:
- A competitive salary and bonus package based on experience
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including Medical,
Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-provided Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k) Plan
- Company-provided continuing education benefit
- Team-focused culture and unlimited opportunity for
Learn more at www.rchsolutions.com
*This role is remote, however preference will be given to
candidates living near or willing to work in the greater New Jersey
area. *Role is only open to applicants not needing sponsorship now
or in the future, no third parties please.
Keywords: RCH Solutions, Trenton , Senior System Engineer, Other , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!