Company: Capital Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position #: 9290
Capital Health is the region's leader in providing progressive,
quality patient care with significant investments in our
exceptional physicians, nurses and staff, as well as advanced
technology. Capital Health is a four-time Magnet --recognized
health system for nursing excellence and is comprised of 2
hospitals. Capital Health Medical Group is made up of more than 250
physicians and other providers who offer primary and specialty
care, as well as hospital-based services, to patients throughout
As a Surgical Scheduler you will:
* Schedule procedure and testing for patients, coordinating date
and time; and coordinate special procedure needs.
* Gather patient and procedure information.
* Prepare and distribute schedules and work closely with physicians
and office administration to schedule and maximize utilization of
* Obtain pre-certification and authorization from various insurance
carriers to facilitate maximum utilization and efficiency and
minimal procedure-related problems. Complete referrals and
pre-certifications for patients according to insurance
* Oversee the registration and checkout process and the handling of
medical records to assure efficient flow of patients through the
* Review with physician routine issues, difficulties and unusual
circumstances. Handles promptly patient problems/complaints.
* Perform all medical receptionist duties, including answering
phone calls, scheduling appointments, filing information into
medical records, checking patients in and out, collecting co-pays
and fees from patients and completing computer and paperwork
associated with these functions.
* Oversee the filing of information into medical records, the
preparation, pulling and filling of charts and the purging of
charts for effective record management.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* One year medical office or hospital setting experience
* Strong communication skills required
* Frequent physical demands include: Sitting , Wrist position
deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard
use/repetitive motion , Talk or Hear
* Occasional physical demands include: Standing , Walking ,
Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) , Carry objects , Push/Pull ,
Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead ,
* Continuous physical demands include: Lifting Floor to Waist 15
lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 10 lbs.
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of our onboarding
process and pre-employment physical. Furthermore, Capital Health is
a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination facility.
"Company will never ask candidates for social security numbers or
date of birth during application phase. If you are asked for this
information online, you may be a target for identity theft."
Keywords: Capital Health, Trenton , Surgical Scheduler, Other , Pennington, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!