ShopRite - Well Everyday Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: North Brunswick
Posted on: May 14, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and
rotation of merchandise in the LiveRight and Natural Foods
Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing
department and to perform other tasks as required in a safe and
efficient manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Conduct educational product demonstrations featuring promotional
items that tie into the LiveRight marketing program.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Properly maintain information area with relevant publications and
calendar of events.
* Work with ShopRite From Home to keep the web site current with
new and discontinued products.
* Work with Full-Service Rep. to merchandise LiveRight ad
* Display merchandise with proper signage in a neat, organized and
* Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including name
uniform, badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including
sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and refuse as needed
* Operate a baler and compactor.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the LiveRight operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to LiveRight Department
that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Trenton , ShopRite - Well Everyday Clerk, Other , North Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!