Large Loss Property Field Adjuster - (New Jersey and Pennsylvania)
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc. we believe
people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.Job ID:R27335 Large Loss Property Field
Adjuster - (New Jersey and Pennsylvania) (Open)Compensation may
vary based on the job level and your geographic work
Job Description:Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own
job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Investigates origin and cause of high exposure claims by
contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants,
agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation
unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior
claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Participates in High Damage Reviews (HDR) to address coverage
issues and exposure. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party claims under multiple policies types and
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages and
handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history
- Makes independent decisions but recognizes when assistance is
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for less
experienced adjusters.Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively handle the
highly complex property claims
- Extensive knowledge and skill related to each phase of the
property claim handling process
- Flexibility to work nontraditional hours including disaster
claim duty per customer needs. CAT pay is eligible in certain
instances per company guidelines
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills with the
ability to work under pressure and adhere company productivity
- Demonstrated multi-state claims handling experience and
licensing with an understanding of state specific guidelines
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between
1 and 33% of the time
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods (applies to
field position only)
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl between 1 and 33% of the time
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
between 33 and 66% of the time (applies to field position
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 1 and 33% of the time
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the timeTravel
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe and severity based
duty when necessary
- This position requires travel up to 75% of the timeAdditional
- Prefers someone with advanced Xactimate experience.
- Prefers someone with experience handling field property
personal lines claims.
- Prefers someone who has handled claims over $50,000.
- In this role you will cover large Homeowner's losses in NJ, PA
and NY.#LI-HYBRID#LI-AB1When you work at American Family Insurance
Claims Services you can expect benefits that support your physical,
emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to
comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that
enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive
401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a
paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment
program and paid-family leave are available to support our
employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are
not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Trenton , Large Loss Property Field Adjuster - (New Jersey and Pennsylvania), Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!