US_Scientist III, Formulation Pharmaceutics
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: North Brunswick
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Scientist III, Formulation will perform research and project
support for the teams that are responsible drug product
development, spanning pre-formulation to late stage scale-up
activities without supervision.
The Formulation Development group supports programs across all
stages of research and development providing technical leadership
for the formulation and clinical drug manufacturing. Additionally,
Formulation Development provides technical support for scale-up,
technology transfer, product line extensions, intellectual property
competitive assessments, and post-launch activities.
The Scientist III will be responsible for leading and participating
in the research activities and project support for the Formulation
Development group within the larger Development organization. The
incumbent will be a Pharmaceutical Scientist (or equivalent) with
expertise in the research and selection of formulations, dosage
forms, and technologies to create new and innovative drug products.
The position will also require a breadth of expertise in early,
fit-for-purpose pre-formulation development with an understanding
of Quality by Design to guide formulations through the transfer and
scale-up of manufacturable formulations. The position requires
excellent communication and leadership skills, and will require the
incumbent to develop and maintain a successful network of internal
stakeholders in the support of non-GMP and GMP development
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Perform research activities related to formulation, technology
and drug product design/development; spanning preformulation to
late stage development.
- Partner with internal and external team members/collaborators
to advance innovative and groundbreaking formulations and
- Proactively ensure alignment with other Development functions
(analytical, late stage, risk-management) locally.
- Provide leadership, training, and mentorship of direct/indirect
reports and peers rooted in a strong understanding of
pharmaceutical science principles
- Contribute to the building of a learning organization and
enhance the functional excellence of Formulation Development
through leading scientific discussions, presentations at
local/global meetings, and driving the overall science.
- Drug product (DP) developability assessment of New Chemical
Entities (NCE) and due diligence activities for relevant milestone
decisions and evaluation of in-licensing opportunities.
- Responsible for authoring and review of major pharmaceutical
submission documentation and queries.
- Review and approve protocols, reports, memos, specifications,
CMC analytical sections, response to authorities, and other
documentation that are scientifically valid.
- Lead efforts to continuously refine the formulation development
approaches by application of quality by design (QbD) and quality
risk management principles throughout DP development to ensure
state-of-the art science and risk based development approach.
- Lead laboratory and manufacturing investigations to ensure
scientific validity of the investigation conclusion.
- Proactively ensures regulatory, GMP (when appropriate) and EHS
compliance for all teams locally.
- Lead strategic initiatives improving the Drug product
- Responsible for authoring publications, posters, presentations
on research formulation activities.
- Represent Formulation Development on CMC-Technical Development
Team and ensure with management that Formulation activities are
completed and meet overall project time-line goals and
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited institution in a relevant
scientific discipline required such as Pharmaceutical Sciences or
Chemistry, plus five to eight (5-8) years of relevant experience
preferred; or MS from an accredited institution in a relevant
scientific discipline, relevant industry plus four (4) years of
relevant experience preferred; or PhD from an accredited
institution in a relevant scientific discipline, relevant
- Minimum of four-plus (4+) years of in-depth experience and
expertise in formulation development of multiple dosage forms.
- Excellent knowledge of Pharmaceutical development.
- Experience within a global, cross-functional setting with
frequent interaction with both internal and external stakeholders
relevant to formulation development.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated capability in
building efficient and effective formulation science teams.
- Participation on local and global multi-disciplinary
- Willingness to take risks and perform ground breaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Operational and strategic thinking, skilled in
- Achievement focused with appropriate alignment for regulatory
and quality requirements.
- Decision making skills are critical with the ability to solve
problems with speed to change.
- Capability to deal with a variety of challenging matters
including set-backs and failures.
- Transparent communication, especially of risks, failures and
- Positive attitude and willingness to teach others.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth.Want to learn more? Visit
boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more
health.Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer
who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Trenton , US_Scientist III, Formulation Pharmaceutics, Other , North Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!