ShopRite - Scanning Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 23, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while maintaining pricing
integrity storewide, ensure all equipment and systems are
maintained in proper working order as assigned by Management, and
maintain effective communication with all departments.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to operate the keyboard of a computer terminal and the
numeric keyboard of a standard desktop calculator.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Accurately complete all weekly price changes transmitted to the
store file from Wakefern, to include both checking for and
correcting any discrepancies.
* Maintain the accuracy of the pricing file to match weekly
circulars and newspaper ads.
* Maintain UPL program by separating, sorting, and properly placing
* Ensure compliance with Company policies and regulations, as well
as government pricing standards.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to Scanning operations.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clean of debris and spills.
* Maintain pricing integrity on the sales floor by ensuring that
all items are properly signed, tagged, and scanned correctly.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
Scanning Department operations.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Perform weekly aisle Scanning audits to ensure accuracy of
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Ensure effective, timely communications with all departments.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Trenton , ShopRite - Scanning Clerk, Other , Piscataway, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!