Company: Otsuka Pharmaceutical
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Customer Engagement ModelOtsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. has
launched a new customer engagement approach designed to better
deliver on patient, caregiver, and HCP needs in an evolving
healthcare environment. The new model is built around where
patients get their care-locally, with the intent to better serve
patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers, delivering a higher
quality experience that ultimately is focused on improving patient
care. - -The -local -"ecosystem approach" creates a unified focus
among account management, medical, patient access and market access
to engage local healthcare systems and identify opportunities to
improve the patient experience. Through this matrix model,
customers will now experience more coordinated and seamless care
with digital-enabled support to bridge care gaps. - -Otsuka's
Clinical & Scientific -Liaison -(CSL) will provide deep clinical
expertise on-demand and will engage healthcare providers to offer
personalized education on disease state, thought leadership and
real-world evidence. -A -Patient Education Liaison (PEL) works to
inform, educate, and enhance the experience of patients throughout
their care continuum.Position Overview - Clinical & Scientific
Liaison As an integral member of the ecosystem team for Otsuka's
new ecosystem-based customer engagement model, the Clinical &
Scientific Liaison (CSL), contributes to the development of the
ecosystem strategic business plan and identifies key stakeholders
that are vital to the ecosystem.The Clinical & Scientific Liaison
(CSL) is a credible partner responsible for providing clinical,
scientific and health economic information related to disease
states and the appropriate utilization of approved Otsuka products
within an ecosystem. This field-based position will engage with Key
Influencers (KIs), Local Practice Leaders (LPLs), healthcare
providers, and patients' groups within their ecosystem, to further
patient outcomes aligned with the overarching objectives of Otsuka.
In collaboration with their ecosystem partners, CSLs contribute to
the customization of the region business strategy to meet local
ecosystem needs and are responsible for the medical and educational
requirements of their customers. In addition, CSLs may be
responsible for covering multiple products within a therapeutic
area, as well as engaging in broad clinical and scientific
discussions that impact patient care, resulting in rich customer
insights shared within the ecosystem. -Key Activities and
- As part of the ecosystem team contributes a clinical and
scientific perspective to the local execution plan that addresses
ecosystem, and customer challenges, issues, and opportunities, to
bring about improved patient care and outcomes. This extends to
include coordination around execution of field activities.
- Build, cultivate, and leverage external relationships with key
scientific and medical customers and organizations within their
ecosystem to ensure strong understanding of evolving healthcare
trends, disease state, Otsuka products, systems, and services
across the ecosystem landscape, including KIs, LPLs, Key Decision
Makers (KDMs) and Patient Advocacy.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the ecosystem to
ensure alignment with Otsuka's patient-centric strategy and
priorities, including provision and delivery of optimal patient
- To be a credible source of evidence-based information that
demonstrates the value of Otsuka and its products from the
clinical, economic, and humanistic standpoint and works in
partnership with providers, payers, and other key stakeholders to
apply practical real-world solutions to improve patient
- Build and cultivate important internal working relationships
across the matrix team to ensure an enterprise approach when
working with customers. -Be accountable to - regional Field Medical
Affairs leadership -to shape and execute on local medical
strategies within planned timelines.
- Actively contribute to planning, content development, and
dissemination of disease state information to customers in the
field on a regular basis using the remote customer engagement
- Disseminate disease state and healthcare landscape information
to customers in the field on a regular basis utilizing remote
customer engagement platform.
- Responsible for delivering the training and evaluation of
promotional and disease state speakers.
- Serve as part of Otsuka's internal speaker bureau in support of
product educational needs across the ecosystem.
- Collect and submit medical insights that drive decision making
and prioritization of evidence generation efforts and healthcare
solutions, including sharing at the local ecosystem level.
- Assist with Otsuka's clinical trials program, including
registrational, post-marketing and Investigator-Sponsored Trials
(ISTs), health economic outcomes research, other specific medical
collaborations; provide clinical expertise and feedback regarding
operational management of clinical trials to ensure optimal site
selection and performance.
- Support other areas of the organization including Safety &
Pharmacovigilance for investigation of safety-related issues, Sales
Training medical education on an ongoing basis including new hire
and POAs, and the Field Medical Center of Excellence for mentoring
and sharing of best practices. -Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences,
Health Services Research or Public Health, (PharmD., M.D., PhD. or
D.Ph.) is required.
- Relevant therapeutic area knowledge is required.
- Understanding of the interconnectivity of health systems,
overall delivery of patient care and experience working with
healthcare professionals and other decision makers.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience (clinical, health
system or industry)
- Outstanding business acumen; knows the industry, Otsuka's
business model and value proposition, key competitors, and other
marketplace factors/dynamics. Able to identify solutions with the
overall goal of improved patient outcomes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; exhibits
professional maturity, confidence, and competence. Strong conflict
resolution skills: proven ability to achieve conflict resolution
effectively and quickly with affected parties and work in a
- Knows how to summarize and communicate complex information and
business objectives in a concise and effective way during
presentations and other interactions.
- Understanding of industry legal, regulatory, and compliance
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with the Otsuka Corporate Brand
including Perseverance, Unconventional Thinking, and Humility.
- Business travel, by air or car, up to 70% of time depending
upon size of ecosystem.
- Preferred living location is Seattle or Portland#MZ1
Keywords: Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Trenton , Medical Liaison, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!