Head of Growth (Commercial Operations)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Saama focuses on the specific needs of pharmaceutical & biotech
companies, delivering transformative business outcomes. The
combination of Saama's AI research, advanced technical & analytics
capabilities, domain expertise across the drug development &
commercialization life cycle, and successful product co-development
approach has made Saama a trusted partner and thought leader in the
life sciences industry. If you possess a solutions mindset, strong
management skills, and commitment to be part of a tremendous
journey, come join our growing, global team. See what Saama can do
for your career and for your journey.
Partner with executive and sales leadership to identify, define and
accelerate growth opportunities across the organization. Identify
gaps, develop strategies and frame solutions while working cross
functionally to scale commercial operations. Responsible for both
strategy and execution and will both lead and support a variety of
the organization's growth initiatives, as well as standard market
research and competitive intelligence support for the commercial
* Work with the executive team and leadership to design and develop
execution plans for growth initiatives, leveraging best practices,
bringing subject matter expertise and internal lessons learned
* Support commercial team with key elements of BD execution,
including territory mapping, customer segmentation & targeting,
pipeline assessment, and solutioning
* Lead market research efforts, including work with outside
agencies, to support commercial and executive strategy development
and decision making
* Partner closely with Marketing, Product, Partnership and BD to
develop and disseminate consistent, impactful GTM messaging
* Develop business cases, including opportunity sizing, market and
competitive strategy, functional requirements and execution
* Develop a robust competitive monitoring program to deliver
actionable insights to the commercial and executive teams
* Manage day to day execution of strategic initiatives, including
framing the problem, scoping and structuring execution plans,
facilitating working team meetings, performing analysis to inform
decision making, developing and tracking deliverables and reporting
* Ensure systems and processes are designed and communicated to
clearly meet the needs of sales leaders and their stakeholders
* Collaborate with leadership to develop, implement, and manage the
business processes, systems, reports, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis,
and strategies that optimize business functions to meet
organizational goals and initiatives
* Build and employ data-driven and scalable business processes to
support concurrent execution of growth initiatives within company
time and resource constraints
* Synchronize product offerings/solutions across the BD team for
* Deeply understand sales pipeline, and ensure accuracy in data and
reporting to executive and stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
* Minimum 10 years of professional experience with a track record
in BD, partnerships, strategic sales or management consulting
* 5+ years experience in the clinical trials industry
* Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
* Knowledge of sales processes, systems and performance
* Experience working across multiple business units/functions to
* Ability to design new systems and streamline processes for
existing and new businesses
* Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and create a
vision and organization that can scale quickly
* High-energy can-do attitude, with the ability to influence
* Experience in healthcare technology and/or enterprise SaaS
platforms a plus
* Travel up to 35% incl. International
Impact on the business:
At Saama, our business is delivering solutions with world-class
talent and services with most consultant satisfaction.
* All project team members onsite offshore (in Pune, India)
* Operations support teams
* Client Relationships
* INTEGRITY: we do the 'right' things.
* INNOVATION: we 'change the game.'
* TRANSPARENCY: we communicate openly
* COLLABORATION: we work as one team
* PROBLEM-SOLVING: we solve core, complex business challenges
* ENJOY & CELEBRATE: we have fun
* Self-starter who gets results with minimal support and direction
in a fast-paced environment.
* Takes initiative; challenges the status quo to drive change.
* Learns quickly; takes smart risks to experiment and learn.
* Works well with others; builds trust and maintains
* Planful: identifies and confirms key requirements in dynamic
environments; anticipates tasks and contingencies.
* Communicates effectively; productive communication with clients
and all key stakeholders Communication in both verbal and written
* Stays the course despite challenges & setbacks. Works well under
* Strong analytical skills; able to apply inductive and deductive
thinking to generate solutions for complex problems.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment, including but not limited
to, computers, phones, and photocopiers.
* This position requires the frequent and repetitive use of a
computer, keyboard, and mouse. Hand and finger dexterity is
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
* Saama Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
* This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Keywords: Saama, Trenton , Head of Growth (Commercial Operations), Other , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!