Remote Cloud Solution Architect
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Company Summary Join a team that puts its People First! As a
member of First American s family of companies, Data & Analytics is
a national provider of property-centric information, analytics,
risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains
and curates the industry s largest property and ownership dataset
with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and
products include: DataTree , FraudGuard , RegsData , TaxSource and
ACI . The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than
20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging
technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions.
Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and
proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and
title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make
better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all
major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA
teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889,
First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its
people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally
passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome,
supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full
potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit . Job Summary Remote candidates welcome!! Participates
in the automation, deployment, debugging, and maintenance of
software code to build and deploy business applications. Works with
App Dev teams to understand problems with software build and
deployments. Help App Dev create Build/Application/Database servers
for Business Application based on documentation provided. Develops
and maintain deployment Framework for application and database
automations. Essential Functions
- Provide an expert knowledge of DevOps architecture, and serve
as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to operations and application
development teams on those topics.
- Help dev teams architect scalable, highly available application
solutions that leverage AWS
- Provide deep software development knowledge with respect to
cloud architecture, design patterns and programming.
- Advise and implement AWS Cloud best practices.
- Bring in thought leadership, and identify trends and business
- Develop design & architect solution using AWS services - VPC,
Compute, Storage, Network & Security.
- Review business drivers, needs and strategies with Application
and Integration Architects to understand implications for DevOps
- Identify and communicate risks (application, technical)
associated with DevOps component or automation implementation.
- Research and recommend new tools for DevOps Team that will
provide value to our customers.
- Seek improvements in current DevOps tool set and processes and
- Research, Design and Implement efforts for Disaster recovery
tasks in collaboration with Infrastructure, AppDev and DevOps teams
for each application Onboarded.
- Identifies and assesses emerging trends and leads
implementation of new technologies.
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction for the
- Interact with and influence senior management on technical
matters requiring coordination between functional groups.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost-benefit
- Formulate and define system configuration scope and objectives
through research and fact-finding to develop or modify internal
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs.Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- High-level knowledge of product applications platforms and/or
product systems platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of AWS foundation - VPC, Compute, Storage,
Network & Security.
- Strong experience with designing solutions and Migrating
applications to AWS cloud.
- Ability to provision infrastructure using Cloud Formation or
- 2+ years of working knowledge of Chef or Puppet, Ansible,
Jenkins, Gitlab , Azure DevOps
- Understanding of GIT, CI/CD pipeline is added plus.
- Strong Administration skills in Linux and/or WindowsTypical
- Normally requires BS Degree or equivalent work
experienceTypical Range of Experience
- 15+ years overall experience with at least 4+ years in AWS and
minimum of 2+ years in DevOpsFirst American invests in its
employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide
superior customer service and encourages them to serve the
communities where they live and work. First American is committed
to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Trenton , Remote Cloud Solution Architect, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!