Company: Spring Hills Somerset
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Spring Hills Somerset - Award winning company focused on
employee experience. INVESTING IN YOUR FUTUREwith,COMPETITIVEpay,
matching 401k, education and training.CARINGabout your work/life
balance with flexible scheduling &GENEROUS PTO.
#FINDINGYOURHAPPY with Employee Committee, rewards and
recognitions, making friends where you work. BUILDING YOUR
SKILLSwith new investments in technology and opportunities for
What you want:A Company that cares, to make a difference, to learn
and grow, to be valued, to be a part of something special.
What we can do:Give you the opportunity to grow, to let your inner
passion rise, to be your true self, to be a part of a Family.
Spring Hills Senior Communities wants YOU! Come and introduce
yourself to us today we want to meet you and give you the
opportunity to #LiveHappy. EEO
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits:
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plans
- 401k Match
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Incentive Bonuses
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation Hours
- Sick/Personal Days
- Associate Appreciation Program
- Premium Holiday Pay
- Continuous Education Available
- Cell Phone, Train & Retailer Discounts
- Volunteering Benefits
Position Summary: Provides recreational care services to the
residents in the Spring Cottage Memory Care. Uses and recognizes
individual abilities, strengths, and competencies in planning
- Conducts the daily scheduled activities and
- Engages residents in activities by effectively modeling the
- Encourages resident participation based on the behavior
- Assists in planning, scheduling, and coordinating the monthly
Spring Cottage calendar and newsletter.
- Completes daily participation log for each resident.
- Manages and creates resident social clubs.
- Communicates regularly with Spring Cottage interdisciplinary
team and DRS to review the on-going progress and implementation of
the Spring Cottage Program standards.
- Participates in Quality of Life committee to review care and
service issues relevant to residents and staff.
- Assists with Spring Cottage resident pre-move in and move in
procedures as assigned, which may include: pre-care conference,
completion of the resident biography, SC Recreational
- Collaborates with DRC to organize, promote, & attend the
monthly family support group as assigned.
- Trains and mentors care team and volunteers on how to
effectively conduct activities.
- Escorts residents on activities away from the community as
assigned. Must drive community bus.
- Maintains Work Life Access areas and redesigns based on
- Job Description Spring Cottage Recreation Care Coordinator
- Maintains necessary and appropriate activity supplies for
- Accesses, reviews, and updates residents individual service
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Attends all required trainings, in-services, staff meetings,
and continued education seminars.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains positive and professional demeanor & communication
toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills,
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Creativity Finds new ways to make things interesting and fun or
to solve problems.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretches, twist, or
reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the
speech of another person.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of
ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their
quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Flexibility The ability to recognize and respond to the needs
of others even when it interferes with planned events.
An Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or
technical school; or six months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience, a passion to
serve people with dementia; computer business software skills,
valid (state) drivers license; basic knowledge and understanding of
Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger,
handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3),
climb and balance (over 1/3), stoop, kneel (1/2-2/3), talk or hear
(Over 2/3), taste or smell (Over 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds
(over 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (1/3-2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under
Keywords: Spring Hills Somerset, Trenton , Activities Assistant, Other , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!