Student Services Coach
Company: Strategic Education, Inc.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
The Student Services Coach provides a high level of student
service and support to students via a variety of communication
vehicles. Primary responsibilities include: guiding assigned group
of students to achieve academic success, helping motivate, advise,
assist with course selection, and assist with the enrollment
process to help all students meet their educational goals.
Additionally, the Student Services Coach establishes Student
Financial Services compliance with all policies and procedures of
Strayer University. The Student Services Coach assists with
managing collections, bad debt, and finalization of student
* Support students through their academic careers.
* Proactively advise groups of assigned students by phone, email,
* Address and resolve student problems through research,
collaboration, and follow up.
* Act as a point of contact to handle student account inquiries and
follow up with all received emails and voicemails within one
* Document all student interaction through University
* Help students create academic plans.
* Assist students electing to use financial aid with the
appropriate application process and conduct on-going follow-up with
students and/or Corporate's Student Financial Services to resolve
* Ensure accuracy and completeness of student payment plans, to
include monitoring student accounts and communicating with students
to resolve outstanding balances.
* Ensure that the finalization of student registrations are in
accordance with established University policy.
* Monitor and outreach to students based on attendance, intervene
with early at risk students, and assist students through the
satisfactory academic progress process.
* Implement activities to manage quarterly collection and bad debt
* Monitor policy compliance in accordance with Strayer University,
state, and federal rules and regulations.
* Inform students of tutoring and other University resources.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
* At least 3 years' experience in an educational setting providing
direct service to students or 3 years' experience in a customer
* Adult education college or university experience preferred.
* Driven and committed to excellence
* Understand and uphold the University mission and goals
* Highly curious, creative, and open minded
* Exceptional student service skills
* Embrace and drive change
* Create a positive and informative environment for students and
* Pursue self-development and learning
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Passionate about student success
* Strong problem-solving, organizational, and time management
* Commitment to working in collaborative environment
* Full computer proficiency in all Microsoft products
* Able to easily navigate other software programs and forms of
technology as needed
* Data entry and phone skills
* Commitment to ethics and compliance with University policies and
applicable laws and regulations
* Detail oriented and practices active listening
* Public speaking
* Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, collections, and financial
* Excellent time management skills
* Must be able to travel 20% of time.
* Must be able to lift 25lbs.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends
* Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this
* Access information using a computer.
* Effectively communicate, both up and down the management
* Effectively cope with stressful situations
* Strong mental acuity.
A credit check will be conducted on applicants for particular job
categories, such as Student Financial Services and Student Services
positions, in accordance with applicable law. An offer of
employment for a position that requires a credit check will be made
contingent upon Strayer's receipt of a satisfactory credit
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our
application process, please contact our Human Resources Department
Keywords: Strategic Education, Inc., Trenton , Student Services Coach, Other , Piscataway, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!