Editorial Administrator (Entry level)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is associated with our Hoboken, NJ office. At this
time, the staff is working from home; however, the ideal candidate
would be located within the geographic area and able to come into
This role will support a cross-functional team across multiple
The candidate will be comfortable with technology and able to
navigate systems. Within the team, they will create new projects
and resolve discipline issues, if any.
The candidate will demonstrate an ability to diagnose issues and
take proactive steps to correct them.
* Candidate should be able to communicate in a clear, professional,
and effective manner with team members, both internal and
* Candidate will interact with external team members such as title
reviewers, survey participants, and discipline authors and subject
* Candidate will be responsible for providing regular updates on
their work to the team in live meetings and tracking documents.
* Candidate should be able to track their completed tasks, as well
as those in progress, to ensure resolutions in a timely manner.
* This role will introduce the candidate to different workflows
with varying degrees of priority. In conjunction with their team,
the candidate will be expected to learn to establish their
schedules based on title priorities.
* As we explore new business models, internal systems, and ways of
working, an ideal candidate should show a willingness to learn new
processes and an ability to adapt to new work styles.
Product Quality Control
* Create and monitor product setup to reflect accurate
representation of our products in systems.
* Ensure product data integrity and build an understanding of
interrelationships across systems to anticipate data issues before
* Examines, researches, and resolves editorial issues; addresses
escalated issues; responds to team members concerns; oversees
editorial workload, productivity, and quality; and identifies work
* Create purchase orders for contracted work; check status of
payments with Accounts Payable group; and ensure accurate royalty
information is reflected in our systems.
* Point person to ensure authors receive pre-revision materials and
that contractual titles are received.
Title Review Process
* Create and send title surveys to reviewers.
* Collate and summarize survey results.
* Pay honorariums to survey participants.
* Be proactive in securing new reviewers and updating the reviewer
Sales and Marketing
* Follow-up on conference feedback.
* Respond to sales reps' and customers' questions.
* Provide timely responses to the sales team.
* Bachelor's degree in English, Business, Journalism, Marketing, or
Communications required OR equivalent combination of education and
* Experience and proficiency with standard Microsoft Office
Applications (i.e., Word, Excel).
* Experience and familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe
Acrobat Professional and app-based project management systems
Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong PC skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional writing and editing skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
* Effective relationship-building skills.
* Time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to conceptualize and think creatively.
* Ability to learn quickly.
* Demonstrate proactive problem-solving capabilities.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 8959
Keywords: Pearson, Trenton , Editorial Administrator (Entry level), Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!