Planner/Buyer - GWW - US - REMOTE
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Who We Are- Guest Worldwide
Guest Worldwide is a global collective of dynamic, industry-leading
companies with more than 40 years of unparalleled experience
serving the unique needs of diverse markets in every corner of the
world. From providing full-spectrum hospitality and distribution
solutions at Guest Supply and manufacturing award-winning personal
care amenities at Gilchrist & Soames, to manufacturing versatile
and innovative product assortments that create smarter textile
solutions at Manchester Mills, we're proud to provide products to
more than 25,000 hotels in over 100 countries. Guest Worldwide is a
wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco - an industry leading, global food
and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees
worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the
world. Learn more by visiting www.guestworldwide.com
The Buyer / Planner is responsible for the timely planning and
scheduling of receipt and inventory control of amenities products
while managing immediate and long term priorities to achieve or
exceed targeted in-stock and inventory levels. The Buyer / Planner
also negotiates vendor costs and lead times, return policies and
payment and rebate procedures as well as releases orders to
vendors, expedite orders and insures vendors meet shipping times,
quality standards and quoted costs.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from global
manufacturers and suppliers based on forecasts in order to maintain
industry standard fill rates.
- Recommend forecast adjustments based on changes in selling
patterns and/or Corporate Accounts and customer intelligence.
- Maintain purchasing master data including vendor lead times,
Minimum Order Requirements (MOQ), pricing, Certificate of Insurance
(COI), Hold Harmless Agreements (HHA).
- Replenish inventory by making additional investments in
inventory for the Warehouse locations across the country based on
weeks of supply, current trends, and history.
- Communicate with suppliers on issues that need actions
(expediting inventory, delaying inventory, program changes,
- Review inventory levels across Distribution Centers to avoid
inventory from aging. Identify Warehouses with overstocked items
and transfer inventory where appropriate.
- Effectively manage the purchasing process to ensure the
supplier is priced competitively, meets negotiated lead times,
ensures quality standards and correct invoicing, and provides
- Manage ongoing relationships with suppliers and communicate
vendor pricing, lead times, new product releases, discontinued
items, new hotel brand standards that impact the supplier, and all
other negotiated processes and procedures that support the TM's
ability to successfully sell suppliers' products.
- Work with suppliers, internal Accounting Department, and sales
and sales management to resolve issues on freight damages, requests
for returns, and accounts payable discrepancies, as required for
- Expedite purchases orders to insure vendor receipt and delivery
is within requested lead times.
- Set up and update item numbers in PeopleSoft to ensure
descriptions, costs and lead times are up to date and accurate.
Bachelor's Degree or relevant years of experience preferred.
- 4 - 8 years of progressive experience with purchasing and
material control within the supply chain.
- 6 - 8 years' experience using demand planning software. Demand
Solutions a plus.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and
professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high
degree of proficiency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from suppliers, customers, management and
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments
in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills,
including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple
initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as
- Able to manage large, complex projects.
- Uses time effectively.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business
partners, vendors, and customers.
- Customer Service - Respond promptly to requests for service and
assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts
well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented - Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and
procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (including pricing
- Proficient use of PeopleSoft and MS Windows and Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and
arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Trenton , Planner/Buyer - GWW - US - REMOTE, Other , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!