Environmental Services Worker
Company: Penn Medicine
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission
of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting
innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of
medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means
collaboration with top clinical, technical and business
professionals across all disciplines.Today at Penn Medicine,
someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart,
deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our
employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's
work?Summary:Cleans and maintains The Medical Center at Princeton
buildings and performs a variety of Environmental Services duties,
not being limited to any one or specific duty. Always must adhere
to infection control and safety standards.Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, dusts, dry and wet mops, vacuums, properly utilizes wet
floor sign, clean vents and televisions.
- Damp dust furniture, bedside cabinets, overbed tables, lamps,
window sills, bed mattresses, televisions, telephones, and any
other room furniture, always using proper germicide.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, wash wastebaskets, and large
refuse containers and replace liners. Dispose of all medical waste
according to the Infection Control Manual.
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of
the department, collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within
and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient
care and service
- Performs emergency housekeeping function when assigned.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established
- Met or exceeded EVS departmental HCAHPS score of 80.5
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use Penn Chart and meet the
EVS Bed Cleaning Turnaround time of 60 minutes or less.
- Uses proper dilution of germicide when cleaning.
- Spot washes, or wash entire walls, ceilings and inside windows,
using proper germicide cleaning solutions (sponge and cloths).
- Performs high dusting, including ceilings, drapes and tops of
- Wash all beds, mattresses and furniture in rooms.
- Wash lights and light fixtures (over the bed only).
- Clean sinks, toilets, mirrors, and showers.
- Replenishes supply of paper towels, toilet tissues and
- Maintains supply cart by cleaning and stocking properly. Keeps
equipment with him/her while working.
- Reports any defective outlets, electrical fixtures or any other
MCAP property that is in need of repairs to the supervisor.
- Properly places wet floor sign to mark work area.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.Credentials:Education or
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Preferred)We believe that the best care for
our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our
employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay
healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program
that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs
in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and
committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical
advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.Live Your
Life's WorkWe are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard
to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or
sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status,
status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by
applicable law. REQNUMBER: UPHS-INFOR-154890
Keywords: Penn Medicine, Trenton , Environmental Services Worker, Other , Plainsboro, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!