F&B Service Captain
Company: TPC Network
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Princeton, NJ Full time R7391 Food & BeverageConsidered among
the top private golf courses in New Jersey, TPC Jasna Polana's
par-72, 7,098-yard championship layout is situated on 230 acres of
breathtaking countryside in the heart of Princeton. The Gary Player
designed golf course is the centerpiece to a unique private club
boasting a variety of golf, dining, and hospitality amenities in a
pristine and natural setting. The truly unique Clubhouse at TPC
Jasna Polana features several dining and lounge areas as well as
meeting rooms that are used to entertain members and guests.Tee up
your career as a part of our team with the TPC Network! Ensure that
all guests receive immediate attention, have their orders taken and
their food and beverage requests promptly and courteously served.
Ensure the staff is properly trained and monitored in service
techniques and operational procedures. Maintain a positive
promotional environment for Ala Carte, Banquet and Special Event
- QUALIFICATIONS Thorough knowledge of basic business
administration, sanitation practices and state liquor laws as
applied to food and beverage, basic food & beverage sanitation
practices, service operational practices and procedures as would be
acquired through two to three years of similar experience in
progressively responsible positions. RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Open and/or close dining room, grill and/or pub, ensuring all
areas are clean and accommodating at all times, and in accordance
with established quality standards.
- Troubleshoot and make recommendations regarding performance
issues relating to staff, menus, equipment and point of sale
- Support and assist Servers and Bartenders in their
responsibilities when volumes are high.
- Manage labor hours for service staff; maintain appropriate
staff levels based on customer volume.
- Greet all arriving guests at assigned station in a pleasant
manner, making them feel welcome and at ease.
- Ensure that work stations are properly refilled at the end of
- Participate in leading pre-meal meetings.
- Participate in the continuous cleaning and up-keep of all
service, pick-up and drop-off areas in the department.
- Serve food and beverage items that meet strict standards, as
outlined by the menu specifications work sheets.
- Maintain responsibility for all guest checks issued and
immediately notify the Food and Beverage Director/Manager of any
- Ensure compliance of operating guidelines as it relates to
R.A.M. or TIPS programs, as well as operating within all State and
Federal Laws, Rules and regulations relating to Alcohol, Cigarette
and Tobacco Division.
- Keep all stock properly rotated and prepared and ready for use
on each shift.
- Handle and count cash make accurate change, record credit cards
from guests, as well as member charges, as prescribed by standard
- Handle any problem that might arise courteously, professionally
and promptly. Assist service staff in handling special
- Maintain responsibility for par stock inventory control on a
- Understand members and guests comments and complaints and
forwards that information immediately to supervisor.
- Ensure dining room and other front of the house staff are
maintaining proper sanitation procedures and that these procedures
are consistent with local ordinances.
- Set-up and break-down dining room tables, chairs, display
tables and care, theme decorations, and other equipment to
accommodate the operations as required by the reservation books,
banquet event order and/or special event plan or diagram.
- Operate within all guidelines, policies, standards, and
constraints as established by PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties,
- Ensure that service procedures are adhered to as outlined in
the TPC Brand Standards.
- Verify the accuracy of all charges (member and otherwise) to
ensure proper posting to accounts. This may include verifying
member numbers, names and/or signatures as well as include
obtaining authorization codes on any credit card charges. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT This job operates in a professional
office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; sit; kneel; use hands to handle or feel;
and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, depth perception, color vision, distance and
peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. An essential
function of the job is to be able to comply with all applicable
federal, state and local safety and health regulations that would
apply to this job. This job description reflects the assignment of
essential functions and may be modified as needed; it does not
proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The
information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it
intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Travel
- Travel is not expected for this position. Work Schedule
- This position requires shifts as necessary based on business
levels. Supervisory Responsibility
- This position is a team lead. PI202079573
Keywords: TPC Network, Trenton , F&B Service Captain, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!