Coordinator of Substance Abuse Awareness (Full Time)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Belle Mead
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers, at-home care
capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of
services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings
while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier
healthcare system. The Coordinator of Substance Abuse Awareness
facilitates a Substance Abuse counseling service program by
assessing needs, setting goals and formulating a plan of action in
providing services for students. Provide oversight in the
implementation of students' programming. Maintains school and
student records, and functions as the school's Anti-Bullying
Coordinator. We invite you to listen to our team members share what
it's like to be part of HMH's Carrier Clinic Team: Responsibilties:
A day in the life of a Coordinator of Substance Abuse Awareness at
HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
- Identifies appropriate instructional needs and teaching
strategies for students at all levels.
- Evaluates the Eastern Mountain School's compliance with the New
Jersey Department of Education's Chemical Health Education
- Involves school and community representatives in planning,
developing or revising the chemical health curriculum.
- Identifies and coordinates with appropriate community resources
which can supplement the chemical health curriculum.
- Identifies and administers assessment and evaluation
instruments to analyze the effectiveness of the chemical education
- Develops strategies to promote the personal and professional
growth of all school personnel in the area of chemical health
- Coordinates and provides evaluation services for pupil affected
by drug or alcohol use, in accordance with the New Jersey
- Coordinates and provides intervention and treatment referral
services for pupils affected by drug or alcohol use, in accordance
with the New Jersey Administrative Code.
- Conducts or provides for student awareness, intervention and/or
- Manages school-based team intervention
activities.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills, and
Abilities Required: 1. Master's degree in Counseling or a related
field2. Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a SAC.
3. NJDOE Criminal History Review.4. Excellent written and verbal
communication skills.5. Proficient computer skills that may include
but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
platforms. Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
1. Prior experience working with adolescents. Licenses and
Certifications Required: 1. NJDOE Substance Abuse Counselor
Certification or NJDOE Substance Abuse Counselor Certification
Certificate of Eligibility (CE). 2. Valid Driver's License from a
USA state. Licenses and Certifications Preferred: 1. Licensed
Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor. If you feel that the above
description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities,
then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Trenton , Coordinator of Substance Abuse Awareness (Full Time), Other , Belle Mead, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!