Bus Intelligence Associate
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The overall purpose of this position is to provide data services and participate in projects for internal customers. Services include building target lists for various business outreaches (campaigns, marketing, member engagement, etc.), analysis, manipulation of data sets, and data presentation.
As an Associate Business Intelligence Analyst you are responsible for responding to incoming requests for data services and recommending solutions with respect to target lists. You will apply your passion for detail and understanding of business data and data architecture to providing data-based solutions to address various use cases presented by our customers. Superior Service delivery requires a conceptual understanding of business ownership of various customer departments as well as an ability to verify and validate results. Service delivery is managed through our team activity tracking system.
Your work is largely directed by incoming requests from customers. Proposed solutions and resolution delivery are observable by email cc and the request management system. Work volume is self-managed and in collaboration with peers and their manager.
You enjoy listening and learning about your customer' business needs while asking consultative questions to get at the core of their business needs even when what they asked for is different.
You understand the extent of your authority to make decisions about solution designs such that you can initiate appropriate escalation as needed.
This role typically reports to a Manager, manages no direct reports, has high contact and interaction with customers, teammates, and vendor partners. Work is generally reviewed within an established process. Works independently and collaboratively.
* Listen, Understand, and Respond to work requests that result in carefully constructed Business Intelligence reports, target lists, ad hocs, and counts based on internal customer needs.
* Perform data querying and validating functions.
* Write general queries, views, stored procedures and functions.
* Provide best practices support and guidance to end users regarding usage of data output.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders and internal customers to understand their needs, define or enhance reporting requirements.
* Demonstrate outstanding communication skills to translate reporting requests in order to accurately meet the actual information and deadline needs of users.
* Analyze data in the data warehouse and related sources to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in data outputs.
* Assist in troubleshooting and facilitating solutions for data issues.
* Participate in requirements, testing, and process changes triggered by existing, new and evolving operational projects.
* Participate in data usage guidance in support of industry best practice.
* Support process improvements using technology as a solution where feasible.
* Support solutioning of data integrity issues by involving appropriate stakeholders and participating in root cause analysis.
* As needed, serve as a backup to colleagues in BDRS.
Keywords: IEEE, Trenton , Bus Intelligence Associate, Other , Piscataway, New Jersey
here to apply!