Senior Water Resource Modeler
Company: DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSION
Posted on: October 10, 2018
DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSION
TITLE OF POSITION: Senior Water Resource ModelerTYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-Time / ProbationaryDRBC GRADE: E18 – E20SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $93,150
BRANCH: Science & Water Quality ManagementSECTION: Water Resource ModelingSUPERVISED BY: Director, Science and Water Quality Management
As a member of the Science and Water Quality Management Branch, the senior water resource modeler is responsible in developing and maintaining water quality andhydrodynamic models for tidal and non-tidal waters of Delaware River Basin; planning and conducting water quality monitoring studies in support of model development andcalibration; and supporting planning and regulatory activities of the Commission that require models.
In this capacity, the senior water resource modeler will participate in the:
- Identification, development, maintenance and modification of water quality and hydrodynamic models including the one-, two-, and three-dimensional models ofthe Delaware River and Estuary for conventional and toxic pollutants.
- Planning of and participation in field investigations to provide data to develop, calibrate and validate water quality and hydrodynamic models.
- Compilation, maintenance and analysis of databases on conventional and toxic pollutants, and data related to the modeling work, utilizing statistical programs to assess trends and address management issues.
- Assist in developing waste load models for the mainstem Delaware River and tributary watersheds.
- Provide modeling assistance to the Water Resource Management branch in the evaluation of docket applications and NPDES permits submitted to the Commission.
- Make presentations to advisory committees, the public, the regulated community and government agencies on the modeling of conventional and toxic pollutants in the basin.
- Participate in external committees, meetings and conferences related to modeling activities.
- Assume other technical responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Science and Water Quality Management.
Graduation from an accredited college with a master's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Marine Science with an emphasisin water quality modeling and/or water resources management, and ten (10) or more years of professional experience in water quality modeling;
- or -
Graduation from an accredited college with a doctoral degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Marine Science with an emphasisin water quality modeling and/or water resources management, and six (6) or more years of professional experience in water quality modeling.
The individual must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Extensive experience with water quality and hydrodynamic modeling in riverine and estuarine environments preferred. Aptitude with water quality and hydrodynamicmodeling platforms specifically including WASP7/8, QUAL2K, EFDC, and/or equivalent platforms desired. Experience and in-depth knowledge with sediment diagenesis andlight extinction modeling are strongly preferred. Capable of designing sensitive simulation scenarios to demonstrate system responses, diagnostic solutions or management options. Proficiency with Fortran, C ++ , Python, visual basic or R beneficial. Excellent oral, written and presentations skills are necessary to convey modeling results to a variety of audiences. Flexible work environment, team effort emphasized.
Deadline for filing applications 4:00 p.m., Friday, November 2, 2018
Keywords: DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSION, Trenton , Senior Water Resource Modeler, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!