Roll Off Driver
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Roll Off Driver
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.When you
drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in
the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers
work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team
members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in
the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great
benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on
the weekends.I. Job SummaryRoll-Off Drivers safely operates a
heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and
transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to
disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer
locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways,
lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead
environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing
maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.II.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment
and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions,
including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or
potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property
in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced,
and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory
duties.IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below are
representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the
job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: One (1) year(s) of previous experience operating a
vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the
last seven (7) years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21
years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an
air brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT
V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points regarding the
physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A
reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
__ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.BenefitsAt
Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Trenton , Roll Off Driver, Professions , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!