Microbiology Technician I (1st Shift)
Company: Akorn, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SUMMARY:The Microbiology Technician I will perform all
environmental monitoring tests required to monitor the controlled
areas and support manufacturing operations under the supervision
and guidance of Microbiology Laboratory management.ESSENTIAL
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply good aseptic technique
and cleanroom behavior.
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply good gowning technique
during certification, re-certification, and routine
- Must be able to understand the operation and application of all
monitoring devices that are automated or manually operated in the
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to monitor all
environmental parameters, such as viable and non-viable sampling,
personnel sampling, and utilities following laboratory and company
- Must be able to read Environmental Monitoring sample plates
- Perform required sampling utilizing contact plates, settling
plates, and particle counters.
- Perform environmental monitoring testing and water sampling and
testing on scheduled days.
- Perform required data analysis, compiles data and prepares
results for review.
- Prepare microbiological media for use in laboratory for various
- Operate autoclave for routine sterilization of laboratory
supplies and media
- Perform growth promotion and negative control testing on
- Perform sampling of raw materials.
- Wash glassware and supplies used in laboratory daily.
- Documents routine procedures following laboratory and company
- Assist with studies and/or protocols under supervision of the
Microbiology Lab Supervisor or Microbiologists.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies
Keywords: Akorn, Inc, Trenton , Microbiology Technician I (1st Shift), Professions , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!