Company: Alb--a Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Plans, organizes, directs, controls the Finance/accounting &
control function of the Plant, reports operational results, and
provides financial analysis to identify opportunities for further
About Albea & the Product line that is recruiting
Alb--a is a global leader in beauty, personal care, oral care,
pharmaceutical and food packaging. Our site, Alb--a Washington is
specialized in manufacturing Laminate & Plastic Tubes for
Cosmetics, Personal Care & Pharmaceutical Markets.
This position reports to Site Manager directly and Functionally to
TUA Director of Finance and manages a team of 3 people.
--- Responsible for finance performance of Washington site/Tube
1. Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the financial
control of operations.
2. Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense
budgets, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital
investing, along with the necessary controls & procedures to
implement the plan.
3. Compares performance with operating plans and standards.
Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all
levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting
treatments, the preparation of financial statements and operating
data, the coordination of systems, procedures, and special reports
4. Forecasts short-range and long-range cash requirements and
obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds mainly in
relation to various Plant Operations incl. capital projects.
5. Assures protection for the assets of the business through
internal control, internal auditing, and external audit.
6. Monitors Continuous improvement initiatives, PMO projects,
coordinates with Plant Leadership team on effective execution of
such projects. Monitors performance and report status/variance to
plan on regular basis.
7. Drives Plant's Revenue Management process from creation,
follow-up to final execution & delivery of results.
8. Manage all SAP FICO, CO & Other SAP modules/processes incl.
trouble shooting various issues on timely manner.
9. Establishes and implements a sound operational and
organizational plan in direct support of the business plan.
10. Manage All Plant accounting needs along with Finance/Accounting
11. Manage and lead Budget process of the Plant along with all
teams and ensure it is delivered as per commitments in coordination
with Plant General Manager.
12. Monitors inventory processes, internal controls and ensure
compliance to Albea's Policy.
13. Actively involve, manage and ensure proper and timely month
end/ Quarter-end & year end activities. Responsible for all such
activities and audit of the Financial statements and internal
14. Manage and report on ERM (Enterprise Risk Management process)
Ensure proper conduct and completion of all initiatives of ERM on
accurate and timely manner.
15. Actively involve, execute and manage monthly / Adhoc and other
reporting requirements of the Plant Operations.
16. Responsible for ensuring Plant's compliance to Albea Corporate
policies and Manuals.
Accountability including KPIs
1. Develops and recommends budget. Authorizes expenditures in
accordance with budget. Approves budget and expenses of Plant
2. Develops short-and long-range operating objectives,
organizational structure, and staffing requirements in coordination
with Plant Leadership team.
3. Assures that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each
job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to
4. Assures that management training and development needs are
identified and programs initiated.
5. Assures that qualified personnel are selected and that
orientation and on-the-job training programs are conducted and
6. Develops an adequate plan for backup and succession of
management and other key personnel.
7. Monitors performance of direct reports. Provides prompt and
objective coaching and counseling. Reviews direct reports and
approves performance appraisals initiated by direct reports.
Ensures that an MBO-based performance appraisal system is
8. Assures that a positive employee relations position is
maintained. Ensures that the company's management principles,
policies, and programs are consistently practiced. Approves
effective personnel action initiated by direct reports.
9. Assures that effective communications are maintained within
areas of responsibility. Where appropriate, informs employees as to
plans and progress. Conducts employee discussion sessions at
regular and frequent intervals.
10. Assures that the necessary coordination within the area of
responsibility is taking place and that coordination of the
assigned area with those of other company or corporate units is
taking place. Resolves problems involving coordination.
11. Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy
or action. Makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of
policy or practices.
12. Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company and
corporate objectives, guidelines, policies, and practices.
13. Ensures optimum performance of the function. Recommends and
implements techniques to improve productivity, increase
efficiencies, control costs, take advantage of opportunities, and
maintain state-of-the-art best practices.
14. Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of
expertise. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities
from time to time as directed.
Profile (Qualification & Experience)
B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance. EXPERIENCE AND
1. Affiliations with successful manufacturing companies.
2. A minimum of seven (7) years' experience ideally gained through
increasingly responsible management positions within Finance.
3. A minimum of two (2) years' recent experience as a Controller
with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting,
FP&A, and finance.
Keywords: Alb--a Group, Trenton , Plant Controller, Professions , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!