Company: Gateway Recruiting, INC.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:In this role, you will supervise and
coordinate the daily operation of the production shifts with
responsibility for achieving quality and cost-effectiveness in an
on-time and efficient manner. Responsible for implementing and
driving change in a high volume, fast-paced, lean manufacturing
environment. Interacts daily with department supervisors/leaders in
Operations, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, Materials,
Engineering, and Continuous ImprovementResponsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall performance of assigned work group,
including safety, quality, cost, and output schedule
- Supervises the activities of production or plant associates to
achieve objectives regarding quality, cost, and time. Evaluates the
performance of associates and complete necessary reports.
Recommends merit increases and training/development needs.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an
appropriate number of parts are available to maintain smooth
production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports
any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager,
Production; and reports suggestions recommended by associates for
procedure change, etc.
- Actively support plant programs and goals, including but not
limited to units per man-hour, safety and 5S, quality, customer
availability, TAKT attainment, and cost as measured by overall
- Identify opportunities for improvement; implement improvement
plans, lead daily problem-solving activities within teams for
process improvements, develop department budgets and ensure they
are to plan.
- Provide for effective associate relations within manufacturing
by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent.
Ensure adherence to standard work, including plant work rules,
collective bargaining agreement, and payroll compliance (if
- Implement plant-wide communication plans and initiatives with
employees in the area of responsibility. Serve as the primary
communication vehicle between the leadership team and production
- Bachelor's Degree or business degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Must possess sound interpersonal skills and demonstrated
ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Lean or Six Sigma Experience Preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in a union environment preferred (if
applicable)Powered by JazzHR3Rxd3KklwE
Keywords: Gateway Recruiting, INC., Trenton , Production Supervisor, Professions , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!