Trade Compliance Analyst (REMOTE)
Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Construction SpecialtiesOUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S
RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY,
VETERAN'S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL,
STATE OR LOCAL LAW
Construction Specialties, Inc. Founded in 1948, Construction
Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS
provides solutions to building challenges that architects,
designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face
every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become
a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a
part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world-from the
world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the
World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in
an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and
colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS:
Making Buildings Better This is a REMOTE position; however, to be
considered, applicants should reside in the following states: PA,
GA, NJ, TX, WI, NV, AZ, or FL. SCOPE OF POSITION : Provides support
for all North American compliance activities for Construction
Specialties. Responsible for processing free trade agreement
documentation, completing applicable Customs certificates and
licenses, and providing Canadian/Mexican/United States item
classifications. Primary point of contact for Customs broker daily
operations. Handles record keeping, operational control, and
auditing activities for import and export transactions into or from
the North American region. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Works with Trade Compliance Senior Analyst or Specialist to
review and audit import or export transactional shipping documents
provide by Coordinators to ensure compliance.
- Supports Trade Compliance Coordinator role by providing
accurate product classifications, licenses, and free trade
- Ensures compliance with all applicable governmental trade
compliance regulations and controls for each transaction by the
operation; inclusive of denied party screenings
- Supports the creation and management of Free Trade Agreement
documentation for export transactions.
- Partners with Purchasing team to annually collect item
certificates of origin.
- Maintains all aspects of Record Keeping; ensuring compliance
with Canadian, Mexican, and U.S. record keeping requirements.
- Manages auditing of transactional Customs and other documents
provided by Customs brokers for accuracy and timeliness.
- Keeps informed of current Canadia, Mexican, and U.S. Customs
import and export regulatory developments and effectively applies
knowledge to CS group companies' current and future business
- Supports internal training activities of Trade Compliance
department, as well as representatives from multiple business units
and CS locations, in appropriate compliance matters and functional
- Assists Coordinator team in resolving transactional issues with
Customs Broker or freight forwarder.
- Operates in compliance with Construction Specialties best
pratices along with applicable federal and foreign regulations;
such as ISO , DOT, and CTPAT.
- Proactively elevates service or process concerns to supervisor
and assists in identifying and implementing solutions. Ensures all
compliance related problems and issues are addressed timely.
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum
Education and/or Experience required)
- High School graduate required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
preferred. Business education pertinent to the work performed would
be beneficial; such as supply chain or logistics. Requires one to
three years' proven experience with the company product lines and
procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience in
the field of trade compliance.
- Ability to type accurately and efficiently with a standard
- Excellent oral, written, professional communication
- Strong telephone etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze data reports and execute required
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced changing environment.
- Self-confident with a "can do" attitude.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Working knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. SUPERVISORY
- none PM21
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NJ-LebanonTRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the TimeEMPLOYEE
TYPE: Full-Time Regular
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Trenton , Trade Compliance Analyst (REMOTE), Professions , Lebanon, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!