Second Shift Forklift Operator
Company: Crate & Barrel
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the
processing and handling of all orders by loading/unloading,
picking, put-away and replenishing merchandise through the
operation of a stand-up type forklift, stock picker or other
- Operate material handling equipment, including both
hand-operated and industrial powered equipment, to facilitate the
movement of products and supplies.
- Perform all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to
achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals. ---
Rotate through different departments and business channels to meet
the demands of the business. --- Possess a complete understanding
of training and communication resources relevant to the position.
--- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades
and new systems applicable to the position. --- Possess a complete
understanding of applicable company systems, policies and
procedures. --- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security
and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the
Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and
Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide. Dependability
- Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain
business productivity. Safety
- Adhere to company and OSHA safety guidelines to prevent
personal injury and product and facility damage. Loss Prevention
- Follow the loss prevention and security guidelines as outlined
in the Crate and Barrel Associate Guide to minimize inventory
shrinkage and profit loss.
- Adhere to all Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) procedures and
guidelines to maximize FTZ compliance and benefits and minimize
U.S. Customs penalties and fines. Productivity
- Focus on promoting sales as they pertain to, or are driven by
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of
computers, systems and programs relevant to the position.
- Listen actively and effectively.
- Establish open and two-way conversation with all
- Maintain and enhance the self-esteem of others.
- Ask for and give clear and constructive feedback.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company
associates and business contacts. Teamwork
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork and a culture of respect by
working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently
with all associates. Merchandise Handler Equipment Operator,
rev.11/10/2014 Page 1 of 2
Our Vision and Mission
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive
attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both
internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient
service. --- Support all efforts and initiatives across all
business channels implemented by the company. --- Support the
company's mission and goals, including applicable key performance
Required Skills Knowledge
English language skills (written and verbal) preferred, basic math
Previous equipment operating experience a plus
Assigned Learning Plan(s) per position
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software
General office equipment, including computer and printer, AS400
system, JDA warehousing software, telephone, calculator, scanning
equipment, powered industrial equipment, headphones, conveyor,
walkie-talkie, tape measure, pallet jack, hand truck/dolly,
Certifications and/or Degrees
High school diploma/GED or equivalent preferred. Equipment
certification as needed.
Physical and Visual Activities
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly move around the
facility, operate computers/POS/office equipment, lift supplies or
equipment, reach, bend, use foot controls to operate equipment, and
have visual acuity near and far. Ability to frequently communicate,
carry equipment, push/pull, climb, ascend/descend and/or balance.
May occasionally remain stationary, handle paperwork, kneel, crawl,
crouch, or twist.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes repetitively. Ability to
move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier product with team assist.
Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate
Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and
mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible
Keywords: Crate & Barrel, Trenton , Second Shift Forklift Operator, Professions , Cranbury, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!