Land Surveyor Technician - REMOTE - Travel Required
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Our People & Places Solutions business reinforces our drive to
improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of
what we do the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions
bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities
delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to
enabling the connection of people through all modes of
transportation and providing access to technology we're integrating
a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart
environments of tomorrow.Start your Jacobs career with a company
that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can
evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow.Your Impact:At
Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape
innovativeandlasting solutions for tomorrow. If youre interested in
a rewarding career working withtheindustrys best and most
innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong.We are
looking for adedicated Land Surveyor Technician to grow with our
collaborative team and work on a variety of land development
projects. Based at your own home base, we will ask you to travel to
sites across the US (up to 50% of the time), and work on a field
crew to perform utility surveys in the field using GPS and Robotic
Total Station equipment.We'll Also Ask you to:
- Work primarily in the field on control, boundary, topography,
laser scanning and other tasks on a one or two-person crew.
- Collect survey data using GNSS receivers, scanners, total
stations, levels, and survey controllers.
- Produce clear and concise field notes and quality field data
for office processing.
- Plan daily activities to meet productivity goals.
- Communicate with supervisor and office staff about all aspects
of the project.
- Prepare daily time sheets, data logs, expense reports and field
- Work outdoors in variable weather conditions and challenging
- Perform some office duties, including data download and
reduction, field note reduction, calculations, processing and
quality control checks.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team and communicate with
clients, subconsultants, site supervisors and contractors.
- Adheres to company policies and service line procedures.
- Follow safety protocols.
- Perform equipment inventory and adjustments and keep current
with vehicle maintenance.
- Participate in department and field crew training.
- Represent Jacobs in the field and always embody a professional
- Preserve and enhance the Jacobs brand through job knowledge and
strategic field management.At Jacobs, were partnering across the
globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design,
digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global
Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, youll
commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to
build a company like no other.Heres What Youll Need:
- 2+ years experience as a Survey Technician or Party Chief.
- Experienced with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experienced with CDOT TMOSS feature coding.
- PLS or LSI certification.
- Associates or bachelors degree in applicable field.
- Experience with either laser scanning, LiDAR, CAD, GIS,
photogrammetry, remote sensing, subsurface utilitiesAlso Required:
- Valid drivers license
- Good social and communication skills
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Ability to pass drug screen and background checksJacobs health
and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the
things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security.
Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work
schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational
reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan,
health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance,
voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental
leave.Typical salary range for this position is $26.57 -$46.18/hour
, and is commensurate with experience relative to the
position.#LI-remoteJacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition,
marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental
disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or
veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status
or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about
your rights under Federal EEO laws
and supplemental language.
Jacobs, were challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the
worlds most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient
environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement,
scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning
abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000,
Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including
consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the
government and private sector.
Keywords: Jacobs, Trenton , Land Surveyor Technician - REMOTE - Travel Required, Professions , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!