Electrical Engineer (Remote or Hybrid)
Company: NRG Energy
Posted on: January 26, 2023
As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and
proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is
dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer
variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees
is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your career
goals and empower your future!
Job SummaryProvide Senior level Electrical Engineering support for
safe, effective, and reliable power plant operation. This role will
provide support to a combination of generation facilities including
existing installations, new construction, upgrades, contract
support, and site acquisitions. Engineer may be working with
multiple types of power generation ranging from traditional base
load fossil fuel, simple and combined cycle peaking, wind, solar,
and utility scale battery systems.Essential Duties/
Responsibilities* Communicates regularly with senior management and
provide status updates on engineering design and project
* Delegate, mentor and supervise work of younger engineers,
technicians, specialists, plant and operations personnel
* Support and/or lead critical programs including Arc Flash, NERC,
critical maintenance directives, compliance activities, and others
* Create man hour budgets, and schedule for projects and
* Provide technical guidance, support and insight in multi-year
outage forecasting, maintenance and upgrade prioritization, and
* Actively coordinate, include, provide leadership, and encourage
others, maintaining a safe, collaborative, supportive, inclusive
relationship with all team members, associates, clients, and
contract personnel encountered in performance of your duties.
* Provide around the clock emergency support, as needed, including
video and teleconferencing, emergency travel throughout the US and
* Ability to be self-motivated, to seek solutions, and reach out to
key stakeholders to offer support and guidance answers without
being directed to do so
* Typically supports multiple projects on the very complex
* Provide detailed technical support and leadership in Root Cause
Analysis investigations and corrective action development.
* Supports quality assurance activities, detailed work plans, human
error reduction, foreign material exclusion, and change management
* Maintain very high standards and personal accountability and
leadership regarding safety, environmental, ethical, and fiduciary
* All other duties as assigned.
* Open office environment when in office; ability to work in Field
or in plants.
* Occasional work in harsh, dirty, and loud environments, at times
in extreme weather, for extended hours.
* Wearing of appropriate PPE, Fall Protection, and Arc Flash
* Approximately 20% travel to generation facilities, support
facilities, and vendor sites
* Undergraduate degree and five (5) years of experience working an
electrical engineering role.
* Ability to interface, collaborate, and understand needs of the
organization, customer, or colleague.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to
effectively communicate within the organization and outside with
* Must have good PC skills and experience with Microsoft TEAMS,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook,
* Experience infossil and renewable fuel power generation. *
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
* Professional Engineer's license.* Experience with SAP, AutoCad
and ETAP.Physical Requirements
* Ability to work in office, plant and field environments.
* Ability to use keyboard and computer at long intervals.
* Ability to walk around plant sites and spend time outdoors
standing, bending, lifting to 50lbs, climbing and walking.
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicants
experience or skills.If you reside in or intend to work remotely
from California, Colorado or New York City you may contact
Careers@nrg.com for compensation information related to this
position and other information as required by applicable law.
Please include the job title in your request.NRG Energy is
committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent
permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining
agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing,
and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol
testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may
be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official
description on file with Talent.
Keywords: NRG Energy, Trenton , Electrical Engineer (Remote or Hybrid), Professions , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!