Business Development Manager II (Sales Rep) (2556)
Company: ENGIE North America Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform
for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and
Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy
storage, retail energy sales, and comprehensive services to help
customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy
and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power
generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is
the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency
services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries
employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the
future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
THE JOB: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER II
Generate sales of Retail products to commercial and industrial
(C&I) customers within a prescribed territory & consistent with
the Job Dimensions identified below, while abiding by Retails
policies, processes & governance.
Midwest/East Coast (New Jersey/Philadelphia/Pennsylvania
Salary - Exempt
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Identify prospective C&I customers using Marketing campaigns
& Hoovers while relying on your market knowledge, cold calling &
networking skills resulting in the creation of a pipeline, within
your prescribed territory.
* Qualify Creditworthiness of customers by referring to the Credit
Guidelines while relying on your financial literacy & relationship
management skills to obtain data from customers that will enable
the analysis of credit risks.
* Qualify Customers Interest by obtaining necessary consumption
data and/or necessary account information required to provide a
price proposal which is informed by their specific load
* Assess the needs of customers and/or assigned brokers using
questioning, listening and persuasive skills to influence the
customers decision about the products they want to buy and assure
that our proposal will meet or exceed their requirements.
Understand ENGIE product offerings and articulate how our proposals
will meet or exceed customer requirements.
* Propose electricity supply offers to qualified customers and/or
brokers and assure that customers are evaluating offers on an
apples-to-apples basis, thus increasing our odds of success in
* Negotiate transaction terms & conditions with customers and
brokers using standard contracts and the expertise of our Legal
team while relying on your knowledge of our margin guidance & your
negotiation skills to reach agreement.
* Close transactions with customers working with key functional
support groups to assure proper service to the customer and
realization of the expected revenues and margins from the
* Collaborate with members of the Key Account Team on transactions
involving key customers while relying on your regional and CRM
expertise to improve our odds of success in closing deals.
* Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff.
* Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to travel via airplane, car, etc as required.
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting up to 20lbs.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Bachelor degree preferred
* Minimum 2 - 5 years of sales experience
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United
States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic
information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition
team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must
be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North
Keywords: ENGIE North America Inc., Trenton , Business Development Manager II (Sales Rep) (2556), Sales , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!