Outside Sales Representative Mid-Atlantic
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Outside Sales Representative New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- to be based in New Jersey or Eastern Pennsylvania
FORMULATRIX is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Bedford,
MA. Originally starting as a software company in 2002, FORMULATRIX
is now the global leader in hardware and software solutions for
protein crystallization automation. In addition to crystallization
instrumentation, we also have developed a proprietary microfluidic
dispensing technology.We are looking to increase our sales
footprint in order to drive our growing liquid handling product
lines. This position requires a hands-on, organized and
detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate should be comfortable making cold calls, learning the
technical details of our products, and giving technical solo
demonstrations to customers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have experience of selling into Pharma/Biotech or Academic
Biology Institutions, preferably in genomics or screening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically interested and savvy - you should be able to
quickly learn technical products and give compelling demonstrations
and presentations to prospects.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Responsive and organized. In our market, reputation is
everything and we take that very seriously. That starts with a
salesperson who responds in a timely fashion to every customer
request and gets things done when promised.
- Self-motivated and proactive. You will be expected to identify
new customers, follow up on leads, give demos, provide quotations,
negotiate pricing, follow up with the purchasing team, and
transition to the post-sales installation and support teams. Note
that cold calling is part of the job and you should be comfortable
- Able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time, could be up to
75%. You will be expected to attend trade shows and travel to
customer sites to give product demonstrations.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a
degree in Biology, other life science or Engineering (with a life
science focus), knowledge of genomics, small molecule screening,
and/or relevant commercial experience. Extensive training will be
provided to the right candidates.
- Previous experience in consultative Sales and Account
management in a related field.
- Knowledge of the liquid handling market, along with hands-on
experience is an advantage.
FORMULATRIX requires hard work and dedication from its employees
and is committed to hiring only the best of the best. In return,
FORMULATRIX offers a rewarding compensation package including base
salary, bonuses, profit sharing, and excellent growth
opportunities. How To Apply** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE
INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ** If you are
interested in this position, please email email@example.com with
the words 'Liquid Handling Sales NY, NJ, PA' in the subject line.
You must include a copy of your resume (Word or PDF only) and
answer the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in United States? **NO RECRUITERS OR
Keywords: Formulatrix, Trenton , Outside Sales Representative Mid-Atlantic, Sales , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!