Specifications Sales Manager (REMOTE)
Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty
building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building
challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility
managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first
extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic
buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj
Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit
Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere
and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges,
we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better -
This is a REMOTE position; however, to be considered, applicants
should reside in or be willing to relocate to the following states:
PA, GA, NJ, TX, WI, NV, AZ, or FL at their own expense.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for growing sales by creating demand thru
specifications & developing, strengthening and expanding
relationships with architects, designer, GC's and subcontractors;
plus engineers as necessary.
* Identifies, qualifies, project leads to build pipeline of
opportunities in a territory.
* Creates specification volume that meets or exceeds territory
Represent the CS's core values of Creativity, Solution driven and
Integrity and conduct oneself as a professional and knowledgeable
resource that can be relied on for a successful and profitable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
including but not necessarily limited to the following:
* Responsible for generating & increasing and improving CS basis of
design specifications in assigned territory and tracking and
closing them to drive incremental sales and margin. Annual goals
are set by Director of North American Sales. The position serves a
primary territory, but can support special target projects that are
outside of territory that are deemed a strategic focus for CS.
* Responsible for early engagement of projects in design and
tracking them in CRM from bidding to closure.
* Regularly identifies, qualifies & converts new project leads to
CRM and into project tracking pipeline.
* Tracks a minimum of promotional projects in design where we can
influence the specifications in the coming 12 months; plus, tracks
bid/track/close project opportunities that we can bring to closure
in the coming 12 months.
* Consistently uses CRM to capture accounts, contacts, and project
* Identifies and influences design choices with key influencers on
projects to sell CS strengths and all CS solutions that satisfy
customer needs; thereby creating multi-products specifications that
* Leverages competitive selling advantages (CS strengths vs
competitive weaknesses) throughout the selling process, thereby
delivering CS solutions that are specified and converted to
* Update architect specifications (created/rewritten/modified) to
basis of design or better to expand specification annuity in the
* Assist Architect & Design community create/rewrite/modify project
specifications as needed
* Collaborates with local representative on target projects and
architects to expand incremental coverage and avoid duplication and
* Identify, establish, and grow coverage & relationships, in both
current and future firms in the Architectural and Design community.
Also, will cultivate relationships with contractors and engineers
on a project specific basis.
* Recommends product solutions and/or service enhancements to
improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. A wide degree of
creativity and latitude is expected.
* Engages and utilizes CS team resources (such as Product
Specialist) for the sale of our products within their
territories/markets of responsibility.
* Familiarity with a variety of the installation concepts,
practices, and procedures.
* Ability to align CS value propositions & solutions with customer
& project needs that differentiate CS from the rest of the
* Relies on extensive market & industry experience and judgment to
plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks.
* Responsible for fostering relationship with all key influencers
who would specify CS products
* Plans, controls, and follows all quotations, through customer
order, for any project in which their involvement is directly
related. Coordinates with each local representative to ensure
alignment and avoid overlap.
* Can assists local sales representatives to promote and secure
new, major, and important accounts. Including local association or
trade shows as deemed necessary.
* Collaborates with local representative network to respond to
inquiries from customers, architects concerning price, application
of products, technical product information. Coordinates and
otherwise assists with the services of the company's technical
engineering staff to determine customers' needs.
* Prepares and submits periodic reports on measurements of
activities, sales volume, expenses, etc., for the Specification
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education and/or
* Bachelor's degree required
* 5 years experience in construction, contracting or related
* Read architectural blueprints
* Strong appetite for applied learning
* Building trusting relationships
* High impact communications
* Devising sales approaches & solutions
* Results oriented - self motivated
* Cold calling
* Negotiation & presentation skills
* Team player - motivated to achieve own objectives but puts higher
priority on team goals.
* Computer literacy windows based (Excel, word & pptx)
* Analytical capability - Advanced Math skills
* Knowledge of the commercial construction process & architectural
specification market, and how to work with contractors, estimating
procedures, pricing, and discounting
* External relationship cultivator/maintainer
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Trenton , Specifications Sales Manager (REMOTE), Sales , Lebanon, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!