Purchasing Agent - Packaging/Services/Supplies
Company: Johanna Foods Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewJohanna Foods is a state-of-the-art food manufacturer
located in Flemington, New Jersey. Privately operated since 1995,
Johanna Foods is now one of the country's largest producers and
distributors of fruit juices, drinks and yogurt. Our products
include the popular La Yogurt and Sabor Latino yogurt, Tree Ripe
juices, Earth Wise juice beverages, Ssips and Sabor Latino drinks
and nectars, and Ssips aseptic drink boxes, all using cutting-edge
technologies and only the freshest, highest quality ingredients.
Johanna Foods is also a leading private label and co-pack juice and
yogurt producer, manufacturing products for numerous leading
retailers and brands. -What we offer:Competitive compensation and
benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life
insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability
insurance, vacation, and tuition reimbursement. -Job Summary:
Manage a group of vendors who supply packaging materials, provide
services, and supply operating supplies across all production
facilities (Beverage and Yogurt). Ensure the company has access to
currently required and new materials and services thru vendor
communication, bidding, qualification, and negotiation activities.
- Organize and maintain the technical files for assigned vendors
- Develop and Execute the Competitive Bidding processes,
including RFPs, multiple quotes, MOQ negotiations, and
consideration for new items/volumes.
- Interview and qualify new Vendors.
- Coordinate testing of new packaging materials and supplies with
Vendor and JF Operations.
- Meet and maintain the requirements of SQF Program related to
assigned suppliers / categories.
- Track and report change to commodity prices / indexes that
impact packaging material cost.
- Summarize and publish monthly Pricing Announcements that
document changes to cost.
- Act as a technical resource with internal departments including
manufacturing, supply chain, and accounting to address and resolve
inquiries and problems.
- Participate in review and evaluation of new packaging and
supplies being considered.Qualifications
- Above Average Communication Skills
- Numerical and Technical Competency data, specifications,
calculations, formatting reports
- 3+ Years in Sourcing/Purchasing of Packaging Materials or
- Work experience that is complimentary to production operations
and food packaging.
- Work history that reflects stability, reliability, and
Keywords: Johanna Foods Inc., Trenton , Purchasing Agent - Packaging/Services/Supplies, Sales , Flemington, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!